PDA

View Full Version : Who washes all their microfibers together??

Pages : [1] 2 3

hoyt66
12-30-2018, 05:44 PM
I have always washed my "paint" mf separate from all other mf. Curious to who does an "all in one" load

UncleDavy
12-30-2018, 05:55 PM
I only separate my microfibers by color. I made the mistake of mixing brand new black and navy blue towels with white waffle weave glass towels. I ended up with dingy gray waffle weaves.

mk9750
12-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Anything that touches wheels, tires, or engine gets washed separately for me. All other towels get washed together. Reminds me - I need to do a load tonight.

camaro2ssblack
12-30-2018, 05:56 PM
All paint towels together, including drying towels. All dirty job towels seperate.

Unless the dirty job towels aren’t too bad (like a maintenance wash), then I wash them all together.

TTQ B4U
12-30-2018, 06:27 PM
I wash different loads. I keep a huge inventory of each so I can go weeks until a larger load is accumulated to do them.

My categories are:

Rinseless Wash - 480 to 500gsm group
Compound/Polish wipe off - 180 gsm group
Wheels / door jambs, etc. - cheaper AutoZone or Wally World ones
Coatings - CarPro Suede-like MF that are ZERO link and great for coating wipe offs.
Glass - have specific ones for glass and keeping them 100% separate ensures ZERO lint.

Key is to just make sure they are dry. I use 5 gal buckets to vs larger laundry baskets. This way I can manage space and even stack them in the lower level laundry room if needed. Buckets are cheap too.

rlmccarty2000
12-30-2018, 06:29 PM
I wash them all together, yes even the really dirty ones. No problems. They all come out clean. I’ve never had a dirty towel contaminate a load.

Markymapo
12-30-2018, 06:40 PM
Ditto to TTQ B4U, I wash separate.

VISITOR
12-30-2018, 06:43 PM
two piles to wash and dry. one pile for the good paint microfiber towels and the other for the tatty towels (wheels, interior, engine, etc,) and if they are really grimy, you can pre-soak them in a bucket before washing. the less expensive general purpose microfiber towels may have a tendency to lint (it happens) and i don't want them to potentially contaminate the good microfibers. the best thing to do is make sure you have a good size load of both towels before doing a wash so you're not wasting water/electricity only doing a few towels at a time. you can never have enough microfiber towels...

hoyt66
12-30-2018, 07:07 PM
I wash them all together, yes even the really dirty ones. No problems. They all come out clean. I’ve never had a dirty towel contaminate a load.

What type of washer? We have a front loader and it really does not use much water. I don't really like that about it

rlmccarty2000
12-30-2018, 07:32 PM
What type of washer? We have a front loader and it really does not use much water. I don't really like that about it

I’ve got an LG front loader. It’s the largest capacity they make. I’ve heard other people say the same thing about front loaders as you, but I haven’t had a problem getting anything clean with mine. Could be because of the large capacity or maybe just lucky.

hoyt66
12-30-2018, 07:33 PM
Thanks, that's the same one we have too

pickles
12-30-2018, 07:35 PM
Most of my towels get washed together. The ones that do the nastier jobs may get more detergent but even the wax ones need to be washed well to get all the wax/sealant out.

hmardown
12-30-2018, 07:45 PM
I make sure to set the washer on deep fill and extra rinse.
Hmardown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaxMaster1
12-30-2018, 08:07 PM
I’ve got an LG front loader. It’s the largest capacity they make. I’ve heard other people say the same thing about front loaders as you, but I haven’t had a problem getting anything clean with mine. Could be because of the large capacity or maybe just lucky.

+1 on the extra rinse

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

acuRAS82
12-30-2018, 08:10 PM
3 separate MF load types:
1) dedicated Wheel towels/mitts
2) High dirt: WW/RW towels and car wash mitts
3) Low dirt: drying, buffing, WW/RW final wipe, spray wax towels

All foam applicators get washed on the spot with pad cleaner spray or bucket