PDA

View Full Version : Interior cleansers for clients with allergies/asthma?

irvsmith
12-29-2018, 06:08 PM
Have a Grandmother with severe allergies and needs her car interior cleaned. We have put in a large high quality HEPA filter in the car to run for a bit but need some guidance on cleansers for the surfaces/carpet cleaned. I will recommend she replace the air conditioning filters. Any thought as?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North1Star
12-29-2018, 06:14 PM
I suggest to clean the whole dash board, seats, AC channels using steam to kill any bacteria
Also find a way to clean the car roof from inside

Once all done including other ideas you mentioned, i think it will be a good idea to let the car set in a closed garage with windows down for couple of days, just to ensure all fumes are out. Then give it a quick interior wipe before returning it back to the customer

DaveT435
12-29-2018, 06:17 PM
The problem with allergens is every time you open the car door you’r Going to let them in. I don’t think the antibacterial interior coating would help, but possibly. I guess if they can prevent them from sticking to the surface it would be helpful?? So2Pure is supposed to put a barrier down and may prevent the existing allergens from getting stirred up into the air.

Great question, looking forward to what others have to say.

fly07sti
12-29-2018, 06:36 PM
The so2pure is a great product and I have a liter if you need some. You can also borrow my VX5000 if you want to steam it.

irvsmith
12-29-2018, 06:42 PM
Thank you all for the replies thus far. She is based in Carpinteria near Santa Barbara. Any mobile detailers down in that area that might be able to take a stab at it? I can pay for the services.

David

Have a Grandmother with severe allergies and needs her car interior cleaned. We have put in a large high quality HEPA filter in the car to run for a bit but need some guidance on cleansers for the surfaces/carpet cleaned. I will recommend she replace the air conditioning filters. Any thought as?

DETAILROOKIE
12-29-2018, 09:36 PM
I have asthma and very sensitive to smells, so I typically steam the interior and wipe everything down. After that I wipe everything with an interior protectant of choice and let the car air out. I havnt had any issues using this method. I've also used this method on client car and haven't had any one complain.

I'm guessing the most important step is to let the car air out so the smells don't linger.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)