PDA

View Full Version : what type of pads to polish glass

Toolhead
12-29-2018, 08:06 AM
about to use wg glass polish for the 1st time.

do i simply just use lake county pads that i use for paint polish ...

using whichever pad i feelbis required based on glass condition?

ie...using orange or white ....

one time polish and be done..or do i need to 2 stage it based on pad cut used like car paint?

tks guys..

Goonie75
12-29-2018, 08:30 AM
about to use wg glass polish for the 1st time.

do i simply just use lake county pads that i use for paint polish ...

using whichever pad i feelbis required based on glass condition?

ie...using orange or white ....

one time polish and be done..or do i need to 2 stage it based on pad cut used like car paint?

tks guys..If you are wanting to remove scratches one might use Ceriglass to remove scratches. They make glass polishing pads too for scratch removal.

Most of the time I clay the window and simply polish with a white pad. Follow that with a window cleaner maybe... some eraser... coat it and forget it.

Others will chime in.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Toolhead
12-29-2018, 08:34 AM
If you are wanting to remove scratches one might use Ceriglass to remove scratches. They make glass polishing pads too for scratch removal.

Most of the time I clay the window and simply polish with a white pad. Follow that with a window cleaner maybe... some eraser... coat it and forget it.

Others will chime in.

Ryan

tks man..noticing the clarity through the glass diminishing as of late..so not chasing scratches...just trying the wg glass polosh to see if that clears up the glass vision a bit...

i was looking for that answer...lol.

wash..clay and then white pad polish

Goonie75
12-29-2018, 08:36 AM
tks man..noticing the clarity through the glass diminishing as of late..so not chasing scratches...just trying the wg glass polosh to see if that clears up the glass vision a bit...

i was looking for that answer...lol.

wash..clay and then white pad polishSounds like a good plan. Good luck bro.

rlmccarty2000
12-29-2018, 09:19 AM
I normally use a Megs microfiber cutting pad as it cuts through the film quicker than a foam pad and I don’t have to worry about sling with proper pad prep.

Farmallluvr
12-29-2018, 09:41 AM
so what about deeply scratched glass?,,,I had windshield come through the other day on a GM certified with scratches I could catch easily with my fingernail,,are these removable ?

Toolhead
12-29-2018, 09:41 AM
tks guys..
if using a flex 3401 da.. am I looking at topside speed setting of 5.. or amp up to 6..

using a white LC force hybrid pad … -

does WG glass polish require a 6 pass method like their paint polishes.. or just polish until you are satisfied with results.

Toolhead
12-29-2018, 09:43 AM
so what about deeply scratched glass?,,,I had windshield come through the other day on a GM certified with scratches I could catch easily with my fingernail,,are these removable ?

I have not tried to remove those types of scratches, but from what ive read ..ie..tinting windows /tool scratches in glass..if you can catch the scratch with your fingernail.. not removable scratches...

Goonie75
12-29-2018, 09:43 AM
so what about deeply scratched glass?,,,I had windshield come through the other day on a GM certified with scratches I could catch easily with my fingernail,,are these removable ?Yes. Sometimes. Messy. Ceriglass and glass pad.