PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo and attachments

Surfer
02-26-2008, 12:09 AM
I just got my new business account setup, but even before that I was having trouble with uploading attachments. I can't find it, but saw something on Yahoo where it said attachments can only be done through IE or Netscape.....apparently doesn't work with Mozilla which I use exclusively. Anybody else know about that? I was trying to upload a 12mb attachment and after an hour it was still uploading. Spent a couple hours trying to figure out what was going on and then I saw that notice about browsers. I was about to catch a flight to Cali and drop kick Jerry Yang in the head :D

Surfer
02-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Well got it to work with Netscape, though it took forever (12mb), was it supposed to be so long? I just remember the past attachments being fairly quick. IE get giving me an error and shutting down when uploading the zip file that size, was fine if I do picture by picture but that takes too long.

But now I find out Netscape is gone as of March 1st as AOL is pulling out. Crap

Jimmie
02-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah, Mozilla here too Surfer. I don't know squat about browsers but have you looked into these add-ons for Mozilla: FasterFox; Greasemonkey; ScribeFire.

Surfer
02-27-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm just going to start hosting the pics on flikr, and videos on rapidshare or similar and sending everyone the links, attachments just take too long, and some of their emails end up blocking some b/c of the size.

wytstang
02-27-2008, 09:35 PM
See sig....

Surfer
02-28-2008, 12:14 AM
See sig....
http://planetsmilies.net/tongue-smiley-1498.gif :D

wytstang
02-28-2008, 09:51 AM
hehehehehe