PDA

View Full Version : Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer - 1st time

jvamagic
12-18-2018, 05:15 PM
Hi,

I have 3 personal cars that get the 'detail' treatment at my house (Lexus, Mustang, Pontiac Trans Am). I've done the 2-3 steps correction process and they look good for awhile (2 of these cars sit outside all the time). I like using collinite 845 but been contemplating use a 'coating' product to help save my back. I like the longevity aspect of these 'coating' products and being that there is a sale going on, my question is if this is worth it.
Is this Gtechniq a good product for a beginner? If not, what else do you recommend?

Thanks in advance,

~JV

Breese147
12-18-2018, 09:21 PM
Hi,

I have 3 personal cars that get the 'detail' treatment at my house (Lexus, Mustang, Pontiac Trans Am). I've done the 2-3 steps correction process and they look good for awhile (2 of these cars sit outside all the time). I like using collinite 845 but been contemplating use a 'coating' product to help save my back. I like the longevity aspect of these 'coating' products and being that there is a sale going on, my question is if this is worth it.
Is this Gtechniq a good product for a beginner? If not, what else do you recommend?

Thanks in advance,

~JV

Can’t speak for gtechnique but I did my first coating on 2 cars about 7 months ago using Cquartz UK along with Gliss.Very easy coating to apply and very few high spots. Price is fair as well. If I were to do it again I would most likely use CQuartz again. Also did the wheels with DLux which saves ALOT of time and money only using car soap with brushes to clean them.

Big thing with coatings is making sure surface is prepped mainly free from oils and polish residue. I would buy 2 bottles of prep wipe so that you have plenty. Use one for immediate wipe off of polish residue and 1 more right before you coat. Best of luck and enjoy the water characteristics if you go the coating route.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

The Guz
12-18-2018, 10:02 PM
It is an older product. I would go with Crystal Serum Light if you want to stay with the GTechniq line. Very user friendly.

Doesn’t have the most insane water behavior so some tend to top it with Exo. Exo adds that aggressive water behavior. This combo looks pretty good as well.

Exo requires a little more patience when leveling it during wipe off.

As mentioned Cquartz UK 3.0 is another nice choice.

Optimum Gloss Coat is the easiest to apply but just falls short compared to the two I mentioned.

jvamagic
12-26-2018, 08:10 PM
Merry Christmas to all. I was also contemplating McKee's 37 Paint Coating Bundle - New Formula for the ease on application etc. Is the McKee's comparable to the "GTechniq line? For $45 it almost seems too good to be true.
Thanks again!