PDA

View Full Version : Did Blackfire Crystal Seal get replaced?

limited0602
12-18-2018, 09:53 AM
Did Blackfire Crystal Seal get replaced? I can't seem to find it and the only thing that seems close is the new Blackfire Si02 Spray Sealant.

Bobby B.
12-18-2018, 10:45 AM
The Blackfire Crystal Seal was discontinued back in 2017 when we revamped the Blackfire line of products. Blackfire now offers the Paint Sealant, Synthetic Spray Wax and the new SiO2 Spray Sealant. The new HydroSeal will be launched very soon.
BLACKFIRE Pro Detailers Choice Car Care Products, Midnight Sun Car Wax, black fire car wax (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-car-care.html)

limited0602
12-18-2018, 11:01 AM
The Blackfire Crystal Seal was discontinued back in 2017 when we revamped the Blackfire line of products. Blackfire now offers the Paint Sealant, Synthetic Spray Wax and the new SiO2 Spray Sealant. The new HydroSeal will be launched very soon.
BLACKFIRE Pro Detailers Choice Car Care Products, Midnight Sun Car Wax, black fire car wax (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-car-care.html)

Thank you for the prompt reply! What would be the closest equivalent then? I had an 8oz bottle of BF Crystal Seal that lasted almost 2 years and it was a terrific product for it's ease of application.

Bobby B.
12-18-2018, 11:12 AM
Thank you for the prompt reply! What would be the closest equivalent then? I had an 8oz bottle of BF Crystal Seal that lasted almost 2 years and it was a terrific product for it's ease of application.

I really enjoy working with the new Blackfire SiO2 Spray Sealant. It's extremely slick & glossy and very hydrophobic. It's perfect for maintaining ceramic coatings or as a stand-alone Sealant. A Little goes a long way.
BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-sio2-spray-sealant.html)

fly07sti
12-18-2018, 11:13 AM
McKee’s 10 minute paint sealant, Optiseal, Ultima paint guard, WG liquid seal.

CamarosRus
12-18-2018, 01:10 PM
I have the old package old name Black Fire WET DIAMOND Paint Protection....

Is this the same product as the NEW paint sealant and do I use my WET DIAMOND
after Polishing and then the NEW SiO2 after .......

Where in this process can I use Pinacle Soveran Wax

Im reading another forum where someone is Mixing CarPro ECH2O with BF SiO2 and
Water for a Detail Spray or Finishing Spray.

Im not yet choosing to cross the bridge into the World of Ceramic Coatings

My car here is a Dry Weather Garage Queen 2012 Corvette..............

Jaretr1
12-18-2018, 01:47 PM
I second the mckees 10 minute sealant. It's the best spray on walk away type product I've tried.

acuRAS82
12-18-2018, 02:09 PM
I have the old package old name Black Fire WET DIAMOND Paint Protection....

Is this the same product as the NEW paint sealant and do I use my WET DIAMOND
after Polishing and then the NEW SiO2 after .......

Where in this process can I use Pinacle Soveran Wax

The two Blackfire sealants are the same thing (old and new). It’s perfectly fine to use the sealant after polishing, prior to SiO2 Spray.

You could also use SiO2 right after polishing if you don’t want to use the sealant, but you will likely need to reapply SiO2 every few weeks if it’s your only protection.

Souveran could fit in after polishing (if not using the sealant), OR after the sealant (recommended) and before SiO2 (or skip SiO2). In theory you could do BF sealant, then SiO2, then Souveran, but the Souveran will negate the slickness and self-cleaning of SiO2 which is why I don’t recommend it.

If you have the sealant and Souveran, maybe start with those, the look should be amazing, then decide afterward if you want an added glassy shine and self-cleaning, get the SiO2.

MattPersman
12-19-2018, 07:04 AM
I’m also enjoying Meguiars Ultimate fast finish for wipe on walk away types. I intentionally put it on heavy in our van this weekend and the gloss was something I was truly impressed by

On the wheels I sprayed it on heavy and let it sit for quite some time before wiping

The paint I sprayed heavy and then wiped in

Great one of these types of sealants for a fair price. I had Ultima, still have optiseal and Blackfire of these types. This seems to be a bit more improved usable version

Bet the Mckees is good too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

camaro2ssblack
12-19-2018, 08:12 AM
I miss Crystal Seal as well. Nothing is easier to apply than that. Still have half of a bottle left and trying to make it last lol.

LarryS
08-04-2023, 01:06 PM
Reviving an admittedly old thread. I, too, have been a long time user of Crystal Seal. Still have some, but bought BF SiO2 sealant when the Crystal Seal was replaced. Bought a new BMW X5 xDrive 50e a few days ago and decided to seal it today. Did one half of the rear hatch with the Crystal Seal and the other half with the SiO2. The Crystal Seal definitely looks better and when you pull a clean towel from one side to the other the Crystal Seal has much less drag.

So, the question is, is there a replacement sealer out there that is closer to the Crystal Seal than the SiO2? I've been a big fan of BF products, but will switch if that is the recommendation. Thanks in advance for any information/suggestions.

glen e
08-04-2023, 03:17 PM
Virtually identical to Crystal seal is ultima paint guard plus. In fact, there are people that say it comes from the same factory and is the same product. I can’t guarantee that, but I would believe it.