PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Rain. Need to switch up to longer lasting LSP over Meg`s UW.

Randy M
12-17-2018, 10:31 AM
Mike, Traded PM's w/ you years back when you worked at Meg's. I need to switch up to something that lasts longer than Meg`s UW. I really don`t switch up much. In the last 15 years I've used Klasse AIO and SG (that stuffs sucks getting off) NXT, both P21S waxes, M21 and my latest bottle of UW is pretty much empty. UW is just ok. Doesn't do all that much for me, doesn't last and it's hard to see once it's dried which makes it tough to find where it is.

My prep method is clay, M205 (M105 if it needs it) w/ my old PC DA and Megs pads and then my LSP. My cars are white, off white and a darker silver. Been reading about FK1000P, Pinnacle, Wolfgang sealant, Blackfire and a host of others. I figure that whatever will look good on my new GT silver 911T is going to look good on the other two white(ish) cars. So yeah I'm looking for the unicorn LSP, one that looks great and will last through the rainy months. Is there a new product out there getting good reviews? Or one that has stood the test of time and is a proven product? Thanks...:xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
12-17-2018, 10:51 AM
Yep.... rains a lot in Oregon. I would never move back. Too much rain...

Read this article, get a small can and test it out. Wipe-off can be a tick sticky but.... wipes off hard.... lasts a long time. Wipes off easy... wears off easy...

SONAX Polymer Net Shield - Closest thing to a coating without being a coating (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/2018-new-car-detailing-how-to-article-by-mike-phillips/120275-sonax-polymer-net-shield-closest-thing-coating-without-being-coating.html)

:)

Eldorado2k
12-17-2018, 11:02 AM
I heard it rains alot in Florida too?[emoji943]

Randy M
12-17-2018, 12:31 PM
Yep.... rains a lot in Oregon. I would never move back. Too much rain...

Read this article, get a small can and test it out. Wipe-off can be a tick sticky but.... wipes off hard.... lasts a long time. Wipes off easy... wears off easy...

SONAX Polymer Net Shield - Closest thing to a coating without being a coating (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/2018-new-car-detailing-how-to-article-by-mike-phillips/120275-sonax-polymer-net-shield-closest-thing-coating-without-being-coating.html)

thanks for the quick response Mike. Does PNS work on, or is ok to use on XPEL PPF? My bumper, hood and fenders are covered with it, and I have another brand of PPF on the other two cars.

Mike Phillips
12-17-2018, 03:43 PM
I heard it rains alot in Florida too?

Yes, but at least it's wam here and the rain is warm too...

thanks for the quick response Mike.

Does PNS work on, or is ok to use on XPEL PPF? My bumper, hood and fenders are covered with it, and I have another brand of PPF on the other two cars.

Yes. You can pretty much put PNS on anything.