PDA

View Full Version : What to use on dodge brilliant black

eng811ine
02-24-2008, 08:02 PM
im just wondering what everyones opinions are on a good product combo for an 2007 QC Ram 1500 in brilliant black metallic. i currently just use dp max wax and while it looks good, im always looking for something more. when the warmer weather finally hits around here im gonna do a full detail and wanna know what products are gonna give me the best look for my money. if this has been posted before i apologize, i just never have good luck searching.

Rsurfer
02-24-2008, 08:10 PM
im just wondering what everyones opinions are on a good product combo for an 2007 QC Ram 1500 in brilliant black metallic. i currently just use dp max wax and while it looks good, im always looking for something more. when the warmer weather finally hits around here im gonna do a full detail and wanna know what products are gonna give me the best look for my money. if this has been posted before i apologize, i just never have good luck searching.This is a Souveran fourm need I say anymore:D

eng811ine
02-24-2008, 08:50 PM
heh i figured someone would throw that out there. lemme rephrase my question a little bit...what's a good product that doesnt cost $80 that makes the black look good :D i dont mind spending the money on detailing supplies, but wax...i just cant bring myself to do it, not on my daily driver.

Gary Sword
02-24-2008, 08:54 PM
As far as black goes I think the best thing you can do to make in look great is do a good job polishing it. Collinite #915 or Pinnacle Signiture Series would look good on black flake.

Rsurfer
02-24-2008, 09:03 PM
heh i figured someone would throw that out there. lemme rephrase my question a little bit...what's a good product that doesnt cost $80 that makes the black look good :D i dont mind spending the money on detailing supplies, but wax...i just cant bring myself to do it, not on my daily driver.You can probably get 30 application from a tub. If you waxed every month it will last you over 2 yrs. 3 bucks a month to have your truck dripping wet sounds good to me.

ASPHALT ROCKET
02-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Use Poorboys Natty's Blue wax if you dont want to spend the 80.00.

AUdakota
02-25-2008, 10:26 AM
I used natty's blue and SSII on black until I got souveran on sale. I think Natty's are good subs if you dont have the $$ and are waiting on another sale.

Jimmie
02-25-2008, 12:41 PM
im just wondering what everyones opinions are on a good product combo for an 2007 QC Ram 1500 in brilliant black metallic. i currently just use dp max wax and while it looks good, im always looking for something more.

There are other good ones as these guys mention, but tough to beat what you are using also,IMO.

Russecu
02-25-2008, 01:20 PM
A good polishing to remove swirls/imperfections if any would do the most toward looks than anything. Top that with MaxWax and there you go. Maybe for a little more depth glaze b4 you wax, but after you polish it out.

ScottB
02-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Sizzling Shine Souveran Kit on sale in the special values area, not that is what black looks for in a kit !

Junebug
03-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I just detailed a Dodge 2500 3/4 ton with turbo diesel -BLACK, I washed with DG car wash, clayed with Clay Magic, polished with Menzerna IP with a LC orange pad and finished with a coat of Zaino Z5. The owner was so pleased he asked me to do his wife's Yukon.

AjNavo61490
03-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Use Poorboys Natty's Blue wax if you dont want to spend the 80.00.

+1

Rsurfer
03-06-2008, 08:46 PM
I just detailed a Dodge 2500 3/4 ton with turbo diesel -BLACK, I washed with DG car wash, clayed with Clay Magic, polished with Menzerna IP with a LC orange pad and finished with a coat of Zaino Z5. The owner was so pleased he asked me to do his wife's Yukon.
We are all waiting for the pictures!!

Junebug
03-07-2008, 07:46 AM
I got the pictures along with 3-4 more details and Christmas at the in-laws all still in the camera. I've been too busy with 2 jobs to do much of anything. But, weather looks like rain so I might have a Saturday off!