PDA

View Full Version : What to do around trunk emblems

redzone1
12-06-2018, 10:01 AM
I'm sure this isn't Gyeon specific, but that's the product I have, so here goes. I am getting ready to apply the Gyeon Syncro System to my Lexus LS460L and therein lies the problem....

The trunk has the word LEXUS in big letters on the left side....(L) emblem center mass, and LS460L on the right. Is there any way to get the coating to lay out properly between all those nooks & crannies? Or am I right in assuming new sets of letters are in my future as the old ones have to be removed?

Thanks for any insight on what you guys have done faced with this.

Paul A.
12-06-2018, 11:04 AM
I tape up emblems while working (correcting) the paint. When done I remove the tape and clean the emblems with Carpro eraser and a brush. I apply my LSP's uniformly on all panels including the emblems/badges. I then work LSP into the spaces between letters or inside badge gaps. I. use the corner of the coating applicator to wipe in somewhat even strokes of the coating with residual coating product from the rectangular "sponge" app. Works fine for me with no visible streaks or high spots. If it did, a simple MF wipe should level them down

I have badges and lettering 11 years old that have never needed replacement.

fly07sti
12-06-2018, 11:13 AM
It’s really up to you. Whenever I’m coating a vehicle that has lettered emblems, I just apply with foam stick applicators (CarPro). You can remove the emblems to polish but doubt they would stick if you tried to apply them after the coating.

The Guz
12-06-2018, 01:38 PM
No need to remove the emblems. Wrap the suede applicator around your finger and get into those areas as best as you can. You can use those foam stick applicators as mentioned which works very well.

jolo
12-06-2018, 01:58 PM
Foam Sticks. Do not remove unless customer is paying and is aware that replacement is a possibility.