PDA

View Full Version : Rotory or Orbital Buffers

tendance
02-24-2008, 01:41 PM
I have a 40' RV which is a year old and I am new to using buffers. I have a Makita 9227 and was wondering if a new user should start with a rotory? I am concerned about burning the paint and plan on using a sealant to protect the paint. Any suggestions?

Lasthope05
02-24-2008, 02:14 PM
If you are new to buffing and are concerned about burning the paint then I would suggest you to get an orbital buffer instead. Some say using a rotary is challenging but I always thought it was easy. Never used a orbital before.

I started learning on a rotary when I was apprenticing and thats all I used at the dealership. I never though it was hard at all when I first started. The only thing about a rotary is you always have to keep it moving and stay away from the edges if you dont know how to tackle them.

karburn
02-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Good recommendation. I got an orbital, and it's going to take a while before I get experienced enough (and courageous enough) to pick up a rotary buffer. However, by the time you finish that 40 foot RV, you'll be a veteran!! Lots of info on this forum, though. Welcome and enjoy all the reading material. :)

tendance
02-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I just purchased an orbital polisher and anxious to get going.