PDA

View Full Version : Tesla Model 3 / Window Cleaning Problems

VR8
11-30-2018, 02:46 PM
So right up front, let me say I hate the door windows that retract into the door casing an inch or more when you open the doors. :mad:

Secondly, the interior of the front windshield and moonroof/sunroof glass seem to be coated. Over the years, on many different cars, I've seen the mark left on glass from the manufacture. I believe it's the mark left from those huge suction cups used on a robotic arm to place the glass into the car. We've all seen those videos of production lines inside of an automobile plant. Well the Tesla has about six small (2") square marks inside the windshield, they are impervious to typical cleaning solutions and isopropyl alcohol. In the past I've resorted to a small amount of cleaner wax or compound to remove the marks. Some have used clay. So I used Meg's #205 on this Tesla and it cleaned off the mark from the manufacture AND it cleaned a larger area of glass where I was rubbing. So my 2" square turned into a sparkling clear 4" square! I can only assume I cleaned off a coating on the inside of the glass that covers the entire windshield, and I'm not about to rub #205 over the complete glass. Sorry for the long winded explanation. Anyone else OCD enough to go after these spots inside the glass and find you're removing more than just suction cup marks? As a side note, the roof glass has some of the same suction cup marks. They seem to remove more easily but the glass itself still has a haze that isn't so friendly to remove.

fly07sti
11-30-2018, 03:44 PM
With stubborn interior glass I will start with 50/50 water/IPA, then move up to that along with a magic eraser and if those don’t “cut” it, I’ll polish with McKee’s 20/20 and follow up with a quality glass cleaner.