PDA

View Full Version : Shelf Life of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0

gportiz
11-30-2018, 11:57 AM
Hello,

I have an unopened bottle of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 which I purchased around 5-years ago. It has been kept in a box in my garage. Does anyone know the shelf life of this product? Do you think that it is still good or should I buy a new bottle?

Thanks,

Gil

WaxMaster1
11-30-2018, 12:21 PM
Hello,

I have an unopened bottle of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 which I purchased around 5-years ago. It has been kept in a box in my garage. Does anyone know the shelf life of this product? Do you think that it is still good or should I buy a new bottle?

Thanks,

Gil

Gil,
Just to be safe, I'll PM you my address so you can send me bottle for testing.
Love,
WaxMaster1

WaxMaster1
11-30-2018, 12:23 PM
In all seriousness, it should be fine. Shake it really good and the only way I'd think there's something wrong would be if it's super watery

gportiz
11-30-2018, 12:44 PM
In all seriousness, it should be fine. Shake it really good and the only way I'd think there's something wrong would be if it's super watery

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I just shook it up like crazy and when I opened it, it appeared to be all watery. So I am guessing that it is no good. Darn!

acuRAS82
11-30-2018, 01:49 PM
It’s a fairly watery sealant to begin with. Does it look creamy still? Any separation?

david b
11-30-2018, 02:51 PM
If it were me, I'd try it on a panel - perhaps a small section of the roof. Unless your garage is super cold in the winter or super hot in the summer, it should be fine. Imagine how many cases and/or pallets of the stuff are sitting in the AG warehouse for who knows how long? Btw, I do not see a born-on date or expiration date on the bottle I have. Just my two cents.

David

Dr Oldz
11-30-2018, 03:14 PM
I have a big bottle that is about 8 years old. It’s still fine. As long as it is kept away from extreme temps, your fine.

BlackMDX
11-30-2018, 03:28 PM
It’s a fairly watery sealant to begin with. Does it look creamy still? Any separation?

If I had one complaint about this product it would be its viscosity. I use my GG6 to apply it, and even on the lowest speed once the pad is a little moist, you better not lift the polisher until rotation has totally stopped or you will sling a mist everywhere.

With regard to shelf life, I just threw away a small quantity after I finished detailing my two cars. I threw it away because it seemed more watery than I remembered it when new. I didn't bother to wait until I ordered new product, so I can't say with certainty that it became more viscous with age.

JustJesus
11-30-2018, 04:24 PM
My Blackfire Sealant was more watery than when I first bought it about 3-4 years ago. I shook it for a good while, several times a day (prior to using it). And shook it for a good while before applying it. Even then, it's still more watery, but I tested it on the hood and it still seemed to be doing its job.

mk9750
11-30-2018, 04:32 PM
A clean ball bearing or other steel ball inserted in the bottle before shaking would be a good idea as well.

Dr Oldz
12-01-2018, 02:16 PM
If I had one complaint about this product it would be its viscosity. I use my GG6 to apply it, and even on the lowest speed once the pad is a little moist, you better not lift the polisher until rotation has totally stopped or you will sling a mist everywhere.

If that is the case, you are applying way too much product. Only need a few drops.

BlackMDX
12-01-2018, 03:31 PM
If that is the case, you are applying way too much product. Only need a few drops.

I only use a few drops, but when you are doing a large vehicle and using a red LC pad, sooner or later the pad has absorbed enough product to sling it. I do not bother to change pads for applying this product although that would probably help. Cleaning pads used for sealant is just too much work, so I just clean it on the fly.

And my comment was made as a result of my belief that the product became more viscous with age and a nearly empty bottle.

All that aside I would prefer this product to be a little heavier.