View Full Version : 34 way coating test with video

Pages : [1] 2

Mgavin1985
11-29-2018, 10:05 PM
For all you geeks to check out.

YouTube (https://youtu.be/cTjO8ZotlN0)

rlmccarty2000
11-29-2018, 10:32 PM
I’ve been saying how good IGL Ecocoat Premier is. 8 months is amazing for a spray and wipe. It can also be layered for longer protection.

Loach
11-29-2018, 11:00 PM
No surprise at all for F11 at 1 week durability. NuFinish is a surprise for me, I’m actually very tempted to pull it out for further testing now. Gliss at 2 months, ouch! Great test, love how he has the sticker cutouts for the product names on the panel.

Couple of notes that I see is he called Adam’s Ceramic Boost at 5-6 months, it’s still going in my books. Actually looks like Adam’s Paint Sealant has some life as well which is surprising at 8 months. He called Opti Gloss-Coat at the end but it has plenty of life left. Probably easy to call products early when you have many of the coatings really not showing much of a drop in performance at all. Scott needs to keep posting - these are very useful results!

BudgetPlan1
11-30-2018, 12:30 AM
Gotta admire the guy...musta been a ton of work. He should bolt that hood on a car and daily drive it to get a true idea of longevity.

Even static though gives a decent comparative expectation of "A lasts longer than B, C ad D' that one would think would parallel real world usage in a 'this is better than that' kinda way.

Mgavin1985
11-30-2018, 06:45 PM
I have never used CQUK after all of these guys videos and waxmodes channel I ordered it. Their is a couple other channels I watch that are all about detailing. Apex detailing, pan the organizer and carcraftauto. Uk seems like such a bargain

Mgavin1985
11-30-2018, 06:47 PM
Waxmode you have a good channel I’ve watched most of your videos. Top notch.

Klasse Act
11-30-2018, 07:32 PM
Ceramic Boost isn't even a stand alone IIRC, its made to be a topper, how can that hold up so well, LOL!

Mgavin1985
11-30-2018, 09:33 PM
Maybe Adam swung by gave it an extra squirt at the 60 day mark? I noticed that to and was thinking same.

Finick
11-30-2018, 11:19 PM
I’ve been saying how good IGL Ecocoat Premier is. 8 months is amazing for a spray and wipe. It can also be layered for longer protection.

Is it like the IGL version of reload? Or is it more robust than that?

Given the price point I imagine it’s got a little something else going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sizzle Chest
12-01-2018, 07:39 PM
Thanks for posting!

rlmccarty2000
12-01-2018, 10:47 PM
Is it like the IGL version of reload? Or is it more robust than that?

Given the price point I imagine it’s got a little something else going on?

It’s like Reload in that it is used as a topper for coated vehicles, but I can see it being used as a “coating lite” type of product. I normally only get 2 weeks out of Reload. Premier is still going strong after 6 weeks. It’s worth the money.

Finick
12-02-2018, 02:40 AM
It’s like Reload in that it is used as a topper for coated vehicles, but I can see it being used as a “coating lite” type of product. I normally only get 2 weeks out of Reload. Premier is still going strong after 6 weeks. It’s worth the money.

I’ll put it on the list of things to try. I’d love to use something like this as a stand-alone.

When reload is fresh I really enjoy it, but it definitely doesn’t seem to last any significant amount of time.

Been making an effort to really slim down my selection of products, so it’ll be awhile before I get to it either way.

Cruzscarwash
12-08-2018, 03:40 AM
Myself and a few others here have been following this test for a while now and I spoke to Scott and he should have a new update up soon

He has other side by side test he does that are all really good watches

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Calendyr
12-08-2018, 09:44 PM
I was super interested in this durabilty test but the guy doesn't really update that often. It's hard to know what failed and when it did. He should do a recap video maybe with fail time for each product.

What that series did was really open my eyes about results vs claims from manufacturers. Especially in the car of wipe on, wipe off ceramic sealants. I no longer advertize Reload as a 6 month products in my packages.

I am not surprised about NuFinish. I think it's a great product. If it did not stain trims I would use it. Unfortunatellly, because it stains trims I feel it's a waste of time trying to use it.

Mgavin1985
01-03-2019, 09:35 PM
Updates on test YouTube (https://youtu.be/j2fhQmtR2NQ)