PDA

View Full Version : Dye for black bumpers

Pages : [1] 2

Mike T
07-12-2006, 03:03 PM
I've tried Forever black before and was somewhat pleased. The trim and bumpers of my wifes jeep really look crappy. She had told me when it was new that the bumpers were black, but I think they were more like grey. I had tried forever black on them many, many months ago and like I said I was somewhat pleased. They are back to looking crappy again. Any suggestions? I guess if I have no choice I will try going over everything with it again. Thanks

Surfer
07-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Search on Autpia, but believe it or not people are using certain Shoe Polishes with better results then stuff you can bye. I did a little spot on my rear bumper to test, even with all the rain the last month or two it still looks the same, just trying to find one that matches better with an off grey type rear bumper (Moutaineers generally have rear bumpers matched to the color of the body cladding). I've tried other stuff including PB Trim Restorer and nothing works well on my color, I can't get TR to last more then a couple days.

But that's just my case lol. Maybe something like Trim Restorer will work well for you, but I thought Forever Black was basically the longest lasting?

scooterguitar
07-12-2006, 03:20 PM
I hate talking about products AG doesn't sell that aren't an otc, so I won't mention it!
I have found one that has blown everything else outta the water. Brought back to life soem serious oxidized and old plastic and trim exterior pieces, after trying tons of other products. And it contains no dyes.

Rapidity
07-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Well... will you PM it to me? I've been using Megs rubber and vinyl and it doesn't last very long.

Reddwarf
07-12-2006, 03:57 PM
I hate talking about products AG doesn't sell that aren't an otc, so I won't mention it!
I have found one that has blown everything else outta the water. Brought back to life soem serious oxidized and old plastic and trim exterior pieces, after trying tons of other products. And it contains no dyes.

Come on, this forum is for us to all learn. we all love AG, but thye can't provide us with everything! Just almost everything :D

scooterguitar
07-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Pm's gladly accepted...

Adde
07-12-2006, 04:40 PM
pm me too then i need it for the wrnagler

Mike T
07-12-2006, 06:57 PM
I don't imagine there being a problem discussing products that AG at this time doesn't carry. The forums are about discussion. Now it would be disrespectful to brag about other Car Care suppliers or complaining about AG. If you know somthing that works (No matter what it is) I would imagine even the men and women of Autogeek would want you to share. I could be wrong although I don't think so.

Just to clairify I'm looking for a dye/stain type of product. I'm looking to give gloss and shine, but to make the finish black again.
Thanks Peeps.

Mike T
07-12-2006, 07:47 PM
When I took this picture I had it the trim and bumpers and TR, but you can see the fading. Believe me it doesn't look that good anymore. When I detail her it stands out like a sore thumb.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/silence0420/CopyofDCP_0006.jpg

scooterguitar
07-12-2006, 07:50 PM
What I use will snap it back to life, without any doubt in mind.

FloridaNative
07-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Scooter!!! Just say it already!

scooterguitar
07-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Sorry. Not trying to play a game here. I just think its kinda rude to post another companies product on this forum in the sense this came up. AG weened me on detailing and I give them 95% of my business, the rest is mostly trading and from one factory direct company...That's all I'll say.
AG is my home and like the old saying...you don't crap where you sleep! Or was it where you eat?

FloridaNative
07-12-2006, 08:35 PM
AG is my home and like the old saying...you don't crap where you sleep! Or was it where you eat?

EWWWWWWWWW! I don't know which one it is but both are pretty gross!:p

Mike T
07-12-2006, 09:13 PM
I understand what he's saying, but what I don't understand is how its going to take somthing that almost faded grey and make it black?

scooterguitar
07-12-2006, 09:17 PM
OHHHHH! You wanna change the actual color? I must have missed that! If it was orginally black and now has turned grey due to age, elements, etc, then yes, I would lay decent odds that this will help bring it back to within 80% easily and with a decent longeveity. But, if it is actually greay and you want to change the color to black, then nope.