PDA

View Full Version : Essensse Plus, Reload on top - how long to wait?

parshisa
11-23-2018, 04:21 PM
I just finished going around the car with Essensse plus. Car was coated in January with CQUK, still in good condition with minimum scratches/wash marring. I had a bottle of E+ so o figured why not to use it. Looks really good now but i wanted to add reload on top since E+ is known to be quite weak when it comes to durability. My question is how long should i wait before applying re-load? Is there a cure time? Thanks men

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

WaxMaster1
11-23-2018, 04:39 PM
I didn't wait but 5 minutes in between applications. Seems to have worked finehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181123/fbc305a3d8dedf1b527913cfe6ed6c7d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181123/244e932aff597d810b2d1b700a9eb3b2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181123/04e372a2a70d7855716252cc17f1f23d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

itsgn
11-23-2018, 06:36 PM
I just finished going around the car with Essensse plus. Car was coated in January with CQUK, still in good condition with minimum scratches/wash marring. I had a bottle of E+ so o figured why not to use it. Looks really good now but i wanted to add reload on top since E+ is known to be quite weak when it comes to durability. My question is how long should i wait before applying re-load? Is there a cure time?
First of all: I don't think applying Reload will actually prolong the durability of Essence Plus. Of course you might get an increase in apparent hydrophobicity and gloss by applying Reload every once in the while, but it will be actually Reload that will produce those effects, not Essence Plus somehow getting actually "reloaded" or strengthened by it. And if we're already it, I'd rather recommend using a "lightweight" fluid ceramic coating (with 20-25% of SiO2 content) instead of Essence Plus to "repair" your existing full-blown coating, because the former are just so much easier to apply, and even bring better results in my opinion, than Essence Plus.

That said if you want to top Essence Plus anyway with Reload, then I'd wait as long as possible (meaning within the day) before doing that. So, preferably 4-5 hours, but it won't hurt if you wait until the end of the day either. But as said, I don't think it makes much sense to top a freshly applied Essence Plus coat with Reload, and you will most likely just worsen the resulting finish if you try to apply the latter over it.

In short: I like to think of Essence Plus as a ceramic version of a paste wax, and treat is accordingly.

Then again, this all is just my personal opinion, and it's not like I'd be familiar with the actual formulation or know more about the product than what you can learn just by using it and reading publicly available information about it.

parshisa
04-21-2019, 09:15 AM
Wanted to give an update on Essence plus: after the very first wash beading and almost all sheeting properties were lost. It didn’t really fill in any minor scratches or marring that i had on the coating. All in all, i think it was a waste of time and money.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Jon TDS
04-22-2019, 05:32 AM
Hope it was not the whole car.

Depending on the situation, I read somewhere that you're better off "repairing" the panel with essence topped with cquartz.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk