PDA

View Full Version : Self Healing Ceramic Coating

Pages : [1] 2

bryanviper
11-23-2018, 01:12 PM
So I know Feynlab has self healing ceramic coating however you need to be a authorized installer to get it. So I'm wondering if there is any other company that sells self healing ceramic coating to consumers like me who just detail their own cars and maybe the odd client here and there.

Thanks

Vanquish Auto
11-23-2018, 02:13 PM
I’ve never heard of another one. I do know the company you mentioned is really good. You may not be able to get their Heal line. But their other consumer grade coatings are top quality. It’s worth going with the top coat too.

bryanviper
11-23-2018, 02:21 PM
I also have heard good things but their consumer line lasts about 1 year when comparing to cquartz UK 3.0 which is 1.5 - 2 years. Also Feynlab is more expensive. So I dont see a reason why their consumer stuff would be very different?

Thanks

I’ve never heard of another one. I do know the company you mentioned is really good. You may not be able to get their Heal line. But their other consumer grade coatings are top quality. It’s worth going with the top coat too.

rlmccarty2000
11-23-2018, 02:45 PM
Kamikaze has a coating with some self healing capabilities.

The Guz
11-23-2018, 02:50 PM
I also have heard good things but their consumer line lasts about 1 year when comparing to cquartz UK 3.0 which is 1.5 - 2 years. Also Feynlab is more expensive. So I dont see a reason why their consumer stuff would be very different?

Thanks

Don't buy into the longevity claims from companies. It is going to vary. The environment and care plays a large factor in how long a coating performs. Also keep in mind that coating companies use up to X years with the key words being "up to". Now there are some coatings that do perform better than others.

Also the self healing aspects are probably nothing spectacular.

Vanquish Auto
11-23-2018, 05:09 PM

Thanks

True on others lasting longer. But not many people make it the full three years or whatever companies claim now before someone has their vehicle redone. Like “The Guz said all these time frames are up to. So under perfect conditions they can say our coating last up to 5 years. I personally tell customers to divide the time the company claims by half. I think that’s a more realistic time for some customers.

rimccarty2000 is correct. I forgot all about them having one two. I don’t know about Kamikaze. But Feynlab does actually work to a point. The lite will self heal very light swirls and scratches with heat. I kind of reminds me of Nissan’s clear on the new GT-R’s. It would be good to have for someone who doesn’t wash their vehicles properly.

atgonzales
11-23-2018, 05:40 PM
This is an interesting read from Dr. Beasley’s a supplier to AG

Your Ceramic Coating Should Be Flexible, Not Hard (http://www.drbeasleys.com/blog/2018/09/28/your-ceramic-coating-should-be-flexible/)

The Guz
11-24-2018, 03:55 PM
This is an interesting read from Dr. Beasley’s a supplier to AG

Your Ceramic Coating Should Be Flexible, Not Hard (http://www.drbeasleys.com/blog/2018/09/28/your-ceramic-coating-should-be-flexible/)

The article is good.

But one would have to put a super thick layer to have a hard layer of coating. Most of it is wiped off during the leveling process and once the carrier solvents have evaporated the layer of actual coating is thin and probably flexible.

I mean we don’t see coating’s crack into pieces and fall of the paint.

MikeC78
11-24-2018, 04:09 PM
The article is good.

But one would have to put a super thick layer to have a hard layer of coating. Most of it is wiped off during the leveling process and once the carrier solvents have evaporated the layer of actual coating is thin and probably flexible.

I mean we don’t see coating’s crack into pieces and fall of the paint.

Exactly. Clearcoat can actually be measured, the coating itself can not. At least not any coatings that I'm aware of.

Mgavin1985
11-24-2018, 04:24 PM
Yea ******** in New Jersey sells a titanium self heal but I’m to afraid to purchase not enough info one YouTube video. Forgot rules pm me and I send u the name

Mgavin1985
11-24-2018, 04:30 PM
I also wonder what doctor Beasley is doing with all those unused bottles of $500 coating. When they get sick of them in their warehouse and charge a reasonable price I’ll buy one

Aaryn NZ
11-24-2018, 06:14 PM
Don't buy into the longevity claims from companies. It is going to vary. The environment and care plays a large factor in how long a coating performs. Also keep in mind that coating companies use up to X years with the key words being "up to". Now there are some coatings that do perform better than others.

Also the self healing aspects are probably nothing spectacular.

I agree with you here Guz, I believe a coatings lifespan is dependent on environment & maintenance. In saying that, I coated our people mover with CQuartz Classic just over three years ago, its a daily driver, never sees the inside of a garage & dare I say it - fairly neglected in terms of regular care. It has only been the last few maintenance washes that it has started showing signs that the coating is no longer performing. As CQuartz Classic only has a warranty of one year I have been more than impressed with the longevity & performance.

On the other hand, I have seen other vehicles I have personally coated with more exclusive coatings & that are somewhat less neglected than our people mover that appear to not be performing anywhere near as good.

As for the Healing capabilities of Feynlabs Heal Lite & Heal Plus . . . its the real deal. I've seen other companies claim its false etc but I have installed it on many vehicles & tested it in person & it simply is mind blowing technology. :xyxthumbs:

Exactly. Clearcoat can actually be measured, the coating itself can not. At least not any coatings that I'm aware of.

CarPro CQuartz Finest Reserve can be measured as can Feynlabs Healing Coatings. Feynlab Heal Plus when Installed, Layered & Infrared Cured correctly can measure up to 15 microns (almost 0.6mil). :xyxthumbs:

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

itsgn
11-24-2018, 06:32 PM
I also wonder what doctor Beasley is doing with all those unused bottles of $500 coating. When they get sick of them in their warehouse and charge a reasonable price I’ll buy one

I think you're underestimating people's ability and willingness to believe even the most ridiculous claims and buy into any and all kind of snake oil, shelling out exorbitant prices for them.

You just have to look at the ceramic coating market and see how the prices are going up with each new year and each new brand appearing, while none of these newcomers seem to bring anything other to a table, than a more fancier name and packaging than the previous one, but nothing in the actual performance department, be it about gloss, durability or even just ease of application.

MikeC78
11-24-2018, 07:56 PM
I agree with you here Guz, I believe a coatings lifespan is dependent on environment & maintenance. In saying that, I coated our people mover with CQuartz Classic just over three years ago, its a daily driver, never sees the inside of a garage & dare I say it - fairly neglected in terms of regular care. It has only been the last few maintenance washes that it has started showing signs that the coating is no longer performing. As CQuartz Classic only has a warranty of one year I have been more than impressed with the longevity & performance.

On the other hand, I have seen other vehicles I have personally coated with more exclusive coatings & that are somewhat less neglected than our people mover that appear to not be performing anywhere near as good.

As for the Healing capabilities of Feynlabs Heal Lite & Heal Plus . . . its the real deal. I've seen other companies claim its false etc but I have installed it on many vehicles & tested it in person & it simply is mind blowing technology. :xyxthumbs:

CarPro CQuartz Finest Reserve can be measured as can Feynlabs Healing Coatings. Feynlab Heal Plus when Installed, Layered & Infrared Cured correctly can measure up to 15 microns (almost 0.6mil). :xyxthumbs:

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

Really? 15 microns with ONE layer? I'll have to see this...

Audios S6
11-24-2018, 08:20 PM
Concerning the original question, I have tried a few different self healing coatings and they have been very intensive installs. I’m not familiar with any consumer versions and I would not fault any company for not handing them out to the consumer market based on the installation. Maybe some of the Lite versions are easier.