PDA

View Full Version : Video: Trying P&S Bead Maker for the first time.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

OrangeVee
11-17-2018, 02:44 PM
Hi guys!

Here's a vide of me trying out P&S Bead Maker spray-on paint protectant for the first time over two months ago while I was touring The Rag Company headquarters in Boise, Idaho, USA.

You can also expect a full detailed review and tutorial tomorrow so stay tuned. ;)

Enjoy the video!

https://youtu.be/qXqx2TovTrw

parshisa
11-18-2018, 01:11 PM
Will all due respect Sir, i think you failed to deliver in what terms this product is better than any other product out there. To me, this is one of the most pure commercial videos you’ve done so far (and i’ve watched lots of your videos). I understand YouTube collaborations are a new trend, and it helps move/promote the product, but this is not why i have signed up to your channel. Honest and unbiased reviews - is. Just my 2c

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Klasse Act
11-18-2018, 01:24 PM
FWIW I ordered this product and will compare it to another similar product called 007 Gloss Enhancer from Auto Fanatic. I can come back here and chime in with my unbiased review. That said, I feel Pan will fair when he compares the 2 products, although he's already given Beadmaker the advantage already, I'll wait and see how I like it when I get it this week. I'll be applying it in temps in the upper 50's down in the garage so I hope that's ok. I will remember to apply a good base like they did in the video.

You could just buy a bottle and try it out yourself, it's not that expensive��

Eldorado2k
11-18-2018, 01:30 PM
FWIW I ordered this product and will compare it to another similar product called 007 Gloss Enhancer from Auto Fanatic. I can come back here and chime in with my unbiased review. That said, I feel Pan will fair when he compares the 2 products, although he's already given Beadmaker the advantage already, I'll wait and see how I like it when I get it this week. I'll be applying it in temps in the upper 50's down in the garage so I hope that's ok. I will remember to apply a good base like they did in the video.

I’ve thought about trying it, but then I’m like if I like it I’ll only have a tiny bottle... And at the same time I’m not willing to get a gallon because if I’m not overly happy with it I’ll have a gallon collecting dust... I’m not really big on toppers so that’s a big reason why I’m not in any hurry to try it.

parshisa
11-18-2018, 01:56 PM

I really am not in a market for any new product as i’m pretty happy with my current setup (as far as the topper for my coated cars goes): My point is that unbiased opinion and honesty is what people are after when watching reviews, at least i am. This review was obviously not the one i’m after.
There are other detailers on youtube (mostly overseas), that really impress and deliver with the quality of work they do, pure honest 100% detailing, not pushing the products. Again, just my opinion and to each it’s own.

DetailDrivenEugene
11-18-2018, 02:03 PM
My local p&s supplier gave me a bottle to try. I used it on my wife’s Chevy uplander. Just a thorough hand wash and dry. No clay or polishing. It is extremely slick! Been two months, and it’s still there. Going to do a side by side with Wolfgang’s new si02 on the deck lid of my Bmw that has 6 month old Uber ceramic on it when I get time. I’ll chime back in when I have had time to evaluate the performance of both on a coated car.

Klasse Act
11-18-2018, 04:12 PM
I bought the small bottle using the same reasoning Eldo did. That said, I've been a sponge buying/trying many products since my hiatus, products not sold here and have been BLOWN away with them.

This is what I like to do over winter, helps get me through but I love seeing/buying/trying new products, I really got it bad and my car benefits GREATLY[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Daviddear30
11-18-2018, 07:03 PM
Will all due respect Sir, i think you failed to deliver in what terms this product is better than any other product out there. To me, this is one of the most pure commercial videos you’ve done so far (and i’ve watched lots of your videos). I understand YouTube collaborations are a new trend, and it helps move/promote the product, but this is not why i have signed up to your channel. Honest and unbiased reviews - is. Just my 2c

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnlineHe posted a full video about it after this

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rsurfer
11-18-2018, 07:24 PM
He posted a full video about it after this

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Did he compare it to other similar products?

Klasse Act
11-18-2018, 07:38 PM
Did he compare it to other similar products?He did not but when I asked him to compare it to 007 Gloss Enhancer he said he would. FWIW he seems like an upfront guy and hasn't shown me a reason to not believe him yet. My bottle should be here by the end of the week, sadly I just added Gyeon WetCoat to my car this past Friday, so I'll have to try it on my wifes car, maybe half the hood?

gspam1
11-18-2018, 08:08 PM
I watch way too many detailer videos on YouTube and seen at least a dozen on this product. Still haven't seen someone articulate why it's better than any other sealant. I actually don't care about longevity since my vehicles are coated and I apply Hyper-Seal or Opti-Seal or Gyeon Cure once every 4-6 weeks and they last much longer than that already. If it actually creates more gloss, or sheds water and dirt better than any other sealant I would definitely try it.

Everyone loses their minds because the water beads are smaller, but I don't see a benefit in that? If the water ran off the car faster, that would be helpful, since I use an air dryer. But that isn't the same as bead size. It doesn't look easier to apply, in fact, it appears you spray a ton of it on and then have to buff it like crazy.

Where's the beef?

parshisa
11-18-2018, 08:18 PM
I watch way too many detailer videos on YouTube and seen at least a dozen on this product. Still haven't seen someone articulate why it's better than any other sealant. I actually don't care about longevity since my vehicles are coated and I apply Hyper-Seal or Opti-Seal or Gyeon Cure once every 4-6 weeks and they last much longer than that already. If it actually creates more gloss, or sheds water and dirt better than any other sealant I would definitely try it.

Everyone loses their minds because the water beads are smaller, but I don't see a benefit in that? If the water ran off the car faster, that would be helpful, since I use an air dryer. But that isn't the same as bead size. It doesn't look easier to apply, in fact, it appears you spray a ton of it on and then have to buff it like crazy.

Where's the beef?

Totally agreed. Same thing with the compound that was pushed so much by the company he is collaborating now. Tons of hype and talks around internet but where it is now? Everyone continue to use meguiars, GRIOTS, Jescar etc. reminds me of chemical guys really, just a bit higher quality of advertisement

Klasse Act
11-18-2018, 08:20 PM
Well in the video he showed you spray alot initially, to get a good base laid down, then afterwards it's only 2 sprays per panel the next time around.

I can't personally comment on the product as I'm awaiting my bottle but if its anything like 007 Gloss Enhancer the gloss level is going to be VERY noticeable because with that product it was, BIG TIME. In the video for 007 Gloss Enhancer, like Beadmaker, it doesn't compare itself to anything and I'm ok with that for this reason, the proof is in the results, period and once again that was the case for me with 007 Gloss Enhancer. Whomever got the ball rolling on P&S Beadmaker, from a hype and marketing standpoint, should get an award, brilliance!

I say this, give it a shot and if you want a no-risk guarantee, get 007 Gloss Enhancer, he offers to refund you your money back if your not happy. That said, the thought never crossed my mind and also, you get a great sprayer with 007 Gloss Enhancer as well and IMO that means something, means the company cares about your experience from first spray to last wipe[emoji106][emoji106]

Loach
11-18-2018, 08:35 PM

Where's the beef?

It combines a lot of excellent qualities that you want out of a maintenance product while being offered at a price that actually makes some sense. Slicker than Opti-Seal, probably slicker than Cure, the wipedown is incredibly good, buffs off easier/cleaner than UQW/D156, Cure, Optimum Car Wax, Ice Spray Wax, etc. It also cut through a lot of heavy spotting contamination on the coated sections of my paint to fully revive the coatings. The issue with Bead Maker is they’ve overstated how hydrophobic it is by itself. It’s not aggressive by itself and it’s not going to be something that I would ever use without a hydrophobic base coat to boost the behavior of Bead Maker. As a coating topper, it is in the running to be a top tier product in my initial tests. The fact of how cleanly this buffs into the paint and how slick it feels after the final wipe, it seems unique and I don’t have another product off the top of my head that I can put it head to head with at its price so far.

Klasse Act
11-18-2018, 08:42 PM
I'm going to use it purely as an easy to apply/remove topper for my Sio2-based paint coating. Also to give my car a nice boost before select cars and coffee, price is amazing and I can't see where you can go wrong here unless you buy it and it's not even close to the hype...we shall soon see[emoji5]