PDA

View Full Version : Bad bottle of 3D One?

TTQ B4U
11-10-2018, 11:25 PM
So I ordered mine right away after it was announced but haven't had a chance to use it. Got my free 16oz of HDSpeed when ordered.

Tried HD One today for the first time and I suspect something isn't right with it. It's white and creamy, slightly thinner than other products but that's not the issue. The bottle I have is clearly a different solvent / oil base and is so oily that it doesn't seem to haze over at all. i can smell the solvents it's that oily. VERY Difficult to wipe off as a result. Seems very oily and full of solvents. Is this normal? I can always put up a video.

Dr Oldz
11-11-2018, 12:32 AM
Mine has a kinda a waxy slightly solvent smell. It’s isnt strong and is rather pleasant. Super easy wipe off. Not sure what you mean by it’s doesn’t haze over tho???

TTQ B4U
11-11-2018, 06:41 AM
Mine has a kinda a waxy slightly solvent smell. It’s isnt strong and is rather pleasant. Super easy wipe off. Not sure what you mean by it’s doesn’t haze over tho???

Mine will not dry. Goes on like it's solvent-wet and works easily seemingly forever but in a heated garage that is more than dry and warm it smears when wiped off as if the oils/lubricants/solvents, whatever they are won't evaporate. I've shaken the hell out of the bottle too.

Dr Oldz
11-11-2018, 08:45 AM
Mine will not dry. Goes on like it's solvent-wet and works easily seemingly forever but in a heated garage that is more than dry and warm it smears when wiped off as if the oils/lubricants/solvents, whatever they are won't evaporate. I've shaken the hell out of the bottle too.

Something doesn’t sound right for sure. I’d just call 3D and I’m sure they will straighten it out. I haven’t let mine dry(or try) as it’s a polish and not a wax so no need to let it haze over.

TTQ B4U
11-11-2018, 11:25 AM
Something doesn’t sound right for sure. I’d just call 3D and I’m sure they will straighten it out. I haven’t let mine dry(or try) as it’s a polish and not a wax so no need to let it haze over.

I will send them a note or a call this week. I normally wouldn't await it to dry but it was so wet I couldn't wipe it off.

Dr Oldz
11-11-2018, 12:30 PM
I will send them a note or a call this week. I normally wouldn't await it to dry but it was so wet I couldn't wipe it off.

I see what your saying now. Honestly this stuff has a super easy wipe off. I have gotten a few bad bottles of product in the past. When it’s something new to you, it makes it worse as you don’t know what to expect. If you got it here at AG, I’m sure they would even take care of you. AG has always stood behind any product they sell even if it wasn’t their fault.

rangerbay
11-11-2018, 12:30 PM
Something is wrong with your bottle. I've used a quart of it, easy wipe off, cuts good. If you got it from ag just call them. Great customer service.
Bill

TTQ B4U
01-04-2019, 03:11 PM
I see what your saying now. Honestly this stuff has a super easy wipe off. I have gotten a few bad bottles of product in the past. When it’s something new to you, it makes it worse as you don’t know what to expect. If you got it here at AG, I’m sure they would even take care of you. AG has always stood behind any product they sell even if it wasn’t their fault.

Something is wrong with your bottle. I've used a quart of it, easy wipe off, cuts good. If you got it from ag just call them. Great customer service.
Bill

Working to finally send it back in hopes of getting a good bottle of it to test out again. Looking to put it up against a few other products in my cabinet on various types of paints.

The Guz
01-04-2019, 03:16 PM
I have a bottle myself. It is a creamy consistency. It does have a chemical scent to it.

I do find it takes a few wipes to remove the oily residue. Seems to be working ok though.

It also has an extremely long working time.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-04-2019, 03:46 PM
VERY oily. PITA to wipe off. Very well lubricated, however.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Oz_TCH
01-04-2019, 08:07 PM
Used it yesterday and today. I thought it wiped off easily.

The Guz
01-04-2019, 09:03 PM
Used it yesterday and today. I thought it wiped off easily.

It is easy to wipe off but just a tad oily. So it takes a few more swipes with the towel to wipe it off.

TTQ B4U
01-04-2019, 10:21 PM
Ok so based on what has been shared here my bottle is fine but the product is just not at all to my liking when compared to other products. Way way too oily and a real pain to remove. I have a huge bottle of adapt left and may try using it with one dab of HDOne to lube it up or something. Otherwise 3DOne is a dud to me.

Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

WristyManchego
01-04-2019, 11:35 PM
Try the new ACA compounds from 3D. Ive found the extra cut finishes down well and the final polish is a pleasure to work with.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-06-2019, 06:32 AM
Otherwise 3DOne is a dud to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk
Ya know, I'm having a hard time finding a place for this in my arsenal. In most cases, Griot's FCC will cut the same(or better) and finish with less micro-marring than ONE, and I'm not going to reach for ONE first as a finishing polish.