PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz vs mr fix 9h coatings

Pages : [1] 2

HU11LK
11-07-2018, 07:13 AM
Interested in comparing the differences between Cquartz ceramic coating vs the ebay Mr Fix 9h ceramic coating

The cquartz is about 20 times the price.. but is it the same stuff?

Are cquartz users paying for marketing, bit more testing and proper instructions.

Is the Mr Fox 9h a copycat but still a bargain.

My neighbour bought the mrfix9h stuff on ebay and did his black car with it. It looked very good . Dont know about durability and i did inspect the car.. it wasnt as slick as i woukd have thought, the beading if water looked average to me but it was very very shiny

Are they the same products or get what you pay?

WaxMaster1
11-07-2018, 07:25 AM
buy both and do half of your car with each. then you can tell us.

Desertnate
11-07-2018, 08:37 AM
I've used CQuartz on one of our vehicles and I can say it performs extreamly well. It looks amazing, but more importantly it has been very durable so far and the self-cleaning/water sheeting properties are amazing. Water seems to nearly bounce off the vertical pannels and on more horizontal areas, what doesn't roll or sheet off the surface leaves these tiny, tight beads which almost seem to be more like little spheres of water perched on the surface.

You mention this other product only had average water beading. If we both consider "average" to be the same properties, I'd say the product your neighbor is using probably wouldn't even stand up to even some of the better sealants sold here, let alone the reputable coatings like CQuartz and Gyeon.

Slickness in feel is not a good measure of a coating. Many of the good ones don't feel slick like a wax or sealant, but that seems to be related to their hydrophobic properties. Even Sonax Polymer Net Shield, which is a sealant which behaves like a coating when wet, isn't very slick, but the water behavior is amazing.

Dereksdtail
11-07-2018, 12:21 PM
I’m going to be putting cquartz Uk and mr fix up against each other, I’m thinking uk will easily dominate but I’m always curious.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Loach
11-07-2018, 12:45 PM
I did not like mr fix 9h. It was extremely difficult to buff it from the paint after applying it, very tacky, required a significant amount of pressure to remove. Couldn’t imagine doing the entire car with it. It’s possible I got a bad batch, I also think the version I got was different from the Veteran version that others have reviewed. Gloss was great, water behavior was below average, durability as far as maintaining its surface tension was poor, definitely requires a top coat of some sort.

CQUK blows it away in performance while being much easier to work with.

Dereksdtail
11-07-2018, 07:23 PM
I washed,clayed,griots correcting cream,panel wipe and mr fix, I laid it on thick and it leveled out no problem, of course that doesn’t matter if it doesn’t last

toni
11-08-2018, 01:32 AM
Mr Fix 9H has big problems with authenticity or quality control. Performance varies widely between users.
The bottle I have works great nonetheless, on par with CQUK. Beading is really outstanding after a few months and some hits with degreaser.
Search for bottles with scratchable certificate, which you can verify online and has bigger writing on the package, around 10$ - this stuff should be legit.

Dereksdtail
11-08-2018, 05:00 AM
It smells a lot like igl poly

HU11LK
11-08-2018, 07:30 AM
Had another look at my neighbours mr fix 9h car..

It rained abit this week and it all looks dusty.. BUT i touched it and it really appeared to be on the surface and just a finger swipe appeared to take off the dirt, it was off and shiny and slick again..

In fact it feels slicker than it did the first time i saw it 24 hrs after when he applied it

Thinking to trying some. Could it keep Cquartz honest?

Spend $100 AUD for 50ml cquartz or buy 3 x mr fix 50ml for $20 AUD and smother it on with 4 coats

rlmccarty2000
11-08-2018, 06:37 PM
If you look on Alibaba.com you will see many different coatings being sold at very low prices. Some people buy these coatings by the liter and transfer it to smaller bottles and make a big profit. Some coatings are just relabeled and sold under several names (just like many other detailing products). Many manufacturers will work with you and bottle the coating and ship it to you for you to put a label on. You will never get a manufacturer to tell you who they sell to but a tip off is the bottles and tops they use.

Is a $10 coating as good as a $100 coating? The only way to know is to try both. The $100 coating probably has more advertising costs (and other) raising the price.

HU11LK
11-20-2018, 02:47 AM
Saw my neighbour wash his car. He has mr fix on it. Was slowish to sheet but did seem to sheet water off.. very slow though.

Didnt seem to bead just sort of runs off slowly.

I thought the water was supposed to fly off it?

itsgn
11-20-2018, 07:09 AM
Depends also on the panel angle and the level of contamination - meaning both dust that settled on it, and heavier bound contaminants, that stick to it or get embedded into it, as time passes. Unless the car was freshly washed, the water behavior doesn't mean much. Even then contact angle should be primarily observed to determine hydrophobicity, as beading and sheeting depend heavily on water spray pattern and panel angles/lines.

Regarding CQuartz, it's definitely overpriced in the sense, that you can get the very same product (and I mean that literally) from the original Korean supplier (TAC) to CarPro, for almost half the price (well, 60%). That said even that product costs like $35-$40 for a 50 ml bottle, which is still multiple times the price of Mr Fix, which in turn means, that the latter just can't be of the same quality. Which doesn't mean it should not be used or that it couldn't perform well - just that at some level there must be a difference between these products.

Unfortunately I can't speak of personal experience, because even though I have a bottle of Mr Fix for more than a year here, it still couldn't get myself to try it on a car.

Bruno Soares
11-20-2018, 07:11 AM
Saw my neighbour wash his car. He has mr fix on it. Was slowish to sheet but did seem to sheet water off.. very slow though.

Didnt seem to bead just sort of runs off slowly.

I thought the water was supposed to fly off it?
Shows how good these generic, cheap coatings are. It could just be contaminated but since it hasn’t been that long since application, I suppose the coating is already wearing off.

Coleroad
11-20-2018, 10:02 AM
There's a YouTube channel from Texas where this guy puts many different products on one hood. The spot he used mr fix 9H on, didn't last but 3-4 months. Based on that not worth it to me. Get a tub of fk1000p and get better durability.

Dereksdtail
11-21-2018, 08:05 AM
The new upgraded mr fix, goes on a lot thicker, does a nice job of filling and darkening the paint, used it on some not so perfect paint to see what it could do, still the longevity is what we’re all looking for, it seems the trusted brands make that a top priority, cquartz uk has been impressing me from every angle