PDA

View Full Version : Question on rinseless wash

rlabar1288
11-06-2018, 04:15 PM
Mike, can you recommend the steps for a rinse-less wash after the wash is done? Clay bar, sealant, wax etc? Can all of that be done the same way as a typical hose wash? What about for bug decontamination - can that be used prior to the rinse-less wash? Car is about 6 months old but I want to protect it before winter arrives and just looking for the best and most efficient way.

Mike Phillips
11-12-2018, 04:47 PM
Hi rlabar1288,

Sorry for the late reply, busy with all kinds of offline projects.

Also - since this is your first post,

Welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

Mike, can you recommend the steps for a rinse-less wash after the wash is done? Clay bar, sealant, wax etc?

Can all of that be done the same way as a typical hose wash? What about for bug decontamination - can that be used prior to the rinse-less wash?

Car is about 6 months old but I want to protect it before winter arrives and just looking for the best and most efficient way.

If you have dried bugs, find a way to pre-soften them. I sometimes wet a microfiber towel or a beach towel with water, place it on the affected area and let the cloth or towel hold water against the dead bug bodies to soften them. Then do the rinseless wash.

After rinseless wash and you have dried the car,

Clay
Polish or compound and polish if needed
Seal the paint with a sealant or wax

Pretty straight forward.

I'm not a fan of rinseless washing and instead I like waterless washing but that has to do with the types of cars I mostly detail.

:)