PDA

View Full Version : CQ original on top of CQUK after one year

parshisa
11-05-2018, 11:32 PM
I’m getting close to 1yr since i’ve installed CQUK on my Honda Civic Hatchback. Car still looks really good for the most part with very few scratches and some wash marring but nothing major. Coating still goes strong on pretty much all panels with exception of the hood (i think it had troubles withstanding heat generated by turbo as well as texas sun). Car is garages every night and washed every couple of weeks (2bucket and all the good stuff). As a topper mix of reload+ec2ho is used after every wash. So my questions are as follows:

1) can i apply CQ original (i have around 25ml left) on top of what i have on the paint right now?

2) do i need to polish the entire car prior to applying the coating?

I also have a bottle of gliss that i want to use but the probably will go on my wifes car that sees a little less of daily driving.

Thanks men

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

BadgerRivFan
11-06-2018, 06:19 AM
I would not apply your leftover CQuartz on top of year old CQUK. Even though you have done careful maintenance, you likely have dirt staining on the paint that will impede bonding. Coatings need a properly prepped surface to bond to provide the intended results.

Your car sounds like a better candidate for Essence Plus, which is CarPro’s coating “refresher” product. Wash as usual, do a light clay if necessary, and polish with Essence Plus using soft finishing pads. I think you’ll be pleased with the results.

CarPro Essence PLUS 250 ml (https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-essence-plus-250.html)

If this does not revive the coating on the hood, then polish it off and apply your leftover CQuartz on the hood only (on top of bare clean paint) and you should be good to go.

Vanquish Auto
11-06-2018, 11:02 AM
^^^ +1

Rsurfer
11-06-2018, 01:39 PM
Polishing would be your best bet, but a little more work. If you decide to go over your existing coating with Classic..use TarX to clean and remove any oils from using Reload. Same step if your going to use Gliss.

parshisa
11-06-2018, 01:42 PM
Polishing would be your best bet, but a little more work. If you decide to go over your existing coating with Classic..use TarX to clean and remove any oils from using Reload. Same step if your going to use Gliss.

Thanks for the feedback. If polish it with E+, can I still follow up with CQ over the polished paint? Should i wait some time before doing that? Or should i hit it with eraser first? Or coating on top won’tbe an option at all?

Rsurfer
11-06-2018, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the feedback. If polish it with E+, can I still follow up with CQ over the polished paint? Should i wait some time before doing that? Or should i hit it with eraser first? Or coating on top won’tbe an option at all?

Essence Plus was made to go over CQuartz. Use regular Essence if you want to re-coat.