PDA

View Full Version : Anyone excited for the MK3?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

B5visser
11-03-2018, 07:14 PM
Hey guys,

Im sure many of you are aware that Rupes announced the coming of the mk3 long thrown polishers this week at SEMA!

Anybody going shopping when they're released?

I have 2 mk2 21mm tools and love them! You think the mk3 tools will be worth the "upgrade?"

Thanks!

rlmccarty2000
11-03-2018, 07:58 PM
I’m not excited at all. I didn’t even upgrade my 21 to the MKII II. No fear of stalling on flat surfaces with the original. I did upgrade my 15 to the MK II and I rarely run it faster than speed 4. You can easily cook a pad 9especially Rupes green pads) if you are not careful at higher speeds, and I really didn’t have major stalling issues with the original.

This may be like the ongoing horsepower wars. Do I really need a 700 hp car, nope. Is it nice to have, yep. Maybe I’ll pick up a used 21 MKII on eBay when folks start switching. Newbies looking for a starter polisher should look for a used original Rupes 15 instead of plunking down big money on a new MkIII.

BudgetPlan1
11-03-2018, 09:38 PM
Did they say anything about functional improvements? Longer cord, progressive trigger, a few ergonomic changes and...?

The Guz
11-03-2018, 10:03 PM
Did they say anything about functional improvements? Longer cord, progressive trigger, a few ergonomic changes and...?

From a video I saw it has the same motor with updated windings along with updates to the internal electronics. More torque right from the start and no more soft start from the sound of it.

Dan Tran
11-04-2018, 06:44 AM
Personally, I can’t wait!

I do like the idea of a progressive trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

dlc95
11-04-2018, 06:54 AM
They never upgraded the Duetto, and I'm not a fan of the rotary style body on the 21 and 15..

Nah, not too excited. I am glad to see them moving forward with features that people really enjoy.

On another topic, I do like the addition of wool pads to their rotary buffer. They even have a 5". I wouldn't mind if their rotary is the next piece of hardware I pick up.

ScottH
11-04-2018, 07:22 AM
I’d be curious to know if Mike noticed any difference in the MK3’s pad rotation/power.

ScottH

Justin at Final Inspection
11-04-2018, 09:52 AM
Nope not excited for it at all. Not worth selling my MK ll for the new one because of a longer cord and progressive trigger. Seems just like a reason for them to have something to show off at SEMA.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-04-2018, 12:55 PM
I’d be curious to know if Mike noticed any difference in the MK3’s pad rotation/power.

ScottH
Should be the same as the MKII

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Dr Oldz
11-04-2018, 01:08 PM
New Long throw DAs that aren’t really much of an improvement but where is the rotary? The delay with the rotary has really made me unwilling to buy anymore Rupes products.

Vanquish Auto
11-04-2018, 05:01 PM
New Long throw DAs that aren’t really much of an improvement but where is the rotary? The delay with the rotary has really made me unwilling to buy anymore Rupes products.

I do like the idea of the progressive trigger. I do wish they would’ve came out with a Mark II Duetto though.

About the rotary. I spoke to them Friday and they said a small amount would go out this week. The rest will go out somewhere around the first of 2019. I gave my spot up and got a Fes instead a while back and just recently had them send me a Mille instead.

Joel1979
11-06-2018, 07:09 AM
Take my money :D ill sell my 15-21 mk2 and get the new ones. I liked Mille's ergonomics. They also said Mk3 have bit more torque again. Maybe the mk4 will be with brushless motor.

Mini mk2 would be cool to have. Bit more power and better speed control would be nice.

Vanquish Auto
11-06-2018, 08:05 AM
Take my money :D ill sell my 15-21 mk2 and get the new ones. I liked Mille's ergonomics. They also said Mk3 have bit more torque again. Maybe the mk4 will be with brushless motor.

Mini mk2 would be cool to have. Bit more power and better speed control would be nice.

I agree. MK II mini would’ve been nice too.

Cruzscarwash
11-06-2018, 09:53 AM
so for me, if i were to go back to Rupes for a polisher i would go back because of the MKIII, they improved on the things that i didnt like and sold my MKII for.

i never liked the head grip, the carbon look was nice but for my was not comfortable to hold onto when i was out polishing. the trigger.. oh that trigger would drive me mad, when i wanted power i wanted power and the delayed trigger drove me nuts. so the fact that they changed those to a magnetic progesttive trigger and rubber head grib is all i was asking for and also who wouldnt want more power in a tool. so IF i went back i would for those reasons but for not ill likely stay with my Griots.

Dr Oldz
11-06-2018, 12:08 PM
I do like the idea of the progressive trigger. I do wish they would’ve came out with a Mark II Duetto though.

About the rotary. I spoke to them Friday and they said a small amount would go out this week. The rest will go out somewhere around the first of 2019. I gave my spot up and got a Fes instead a while back and just recently had them send me a Mille instead.

The Fes is really a great machine. How do you like it?