PDA

View Full Version : SO what do you guys think

Ray in Kingwood
02-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Caution: < Moron Newbie alert!

Now that most of my stuff is here.........Im the MAN

after the wax and clay on a NEW tahoe......

super intensive polish and the red polish pad or

final polish and the red pad

or a different pad........

I'm open for all suggestions. The paint is black and new. Vehicle has less than 3000 miles.Feed back please:autowash:

I appreciate all suggestions. Many thanks!

imageautodetail
02-21-2008, 07:46 PM
did you wax then clay? if so not really the correct order. Wash, clay, polish, wax...

Ray in Kingwood
02-21-2008, 07:51 PM
That is what I will do.....wash then clay (vehicle has never been waxed ) then I will polish.

just wanted to know which you pros would better to use on new paint for a polish...

Gary Sword
02-21-2008, 07:58 PM
wash-clay-wash-polish-wash-sealant-wax. Did I mention wash. I wonder why I have dish pan hands.:(;)

imageautodetail
02-21-2008, 09:10 PM
That is what I will do.....wash then clay (vehicle has never been waxed ) then I will polish.

just wanted to know which you pros would better to use on new paint for a polish...New doesnt always mean that it is in good shape, I have seen cars come right off the truck that have had some awful swirls and trails. It should just need a light polish with a soft polish pad, but without seeing the actual paint condition it is hard to say, take a few shots of the paint with a light on it so that I or somebosy can give you a more definite answer.

killrflake
02-21-2008, 10:16 PM
wash-clay-wash-polish-wash-sealant-wax. Did I mention wash. I wonder why I have dish pan hands.:(;)
Maybe we can ask Megan if she could start carrying Vaseline Intensive Care
hand lotion in the AG store. Wouldn't hurt to ask, would it?

Mr Dream Machines
02-22-2008, 03:51 AM
Even though after claying you would think that the paint is clean, it's not in most cases
This is why I use a couple of new technology cleaners that shall remain nameless (not sold here) to clean all the foreign matter and impurities out of the clear coat, soften it for easier correction and enhance the finish which will give you a far higher surface tension, a higher gloss than if you just clayed and then polished and higher abrasion resistance

Jimmie
02-22-2008, 11:30 AM
:iagree: with all above that said: Wash-Clay-Polish-Protect.
For your polishing start with your least aggressive combo and work toward the next aggressive. To be honest your idea of the red pad (applying waxes, etc) is too light of a starting point. I'd start white pad and Final Polish.

Meghan
02-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Maybe we can ask Megan if she could start carrying Vaseline Intensive Care
hand lotion in the AG store. Wouldn't hurt to ask, would it?

Rub Souveran on your hands and they will be fine!:D

The Skillmaster
02-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Rub Souveran on your hands and they will be fine!:D
That's some expensive hand lotion, lol.

Dandrop
02-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it is advisable to use SIP with red pad.

If the paint is in good condition, a lesser aggressive 106FF with white pad would be better combo.

I think the red pads have very little cut and is suitable for LSP.

Lasthope05
02-22-2008, 09:46 PM
I think the black, blue and red all have no cut at all to them.

lethalxls1
02-22-2008, 11:02 PM
SIP with white pad followed by Nano with white pad. If SIP and white pad doesnt give you the correction needed then try orange pad with SIP followed by Nano with white pad.