PDA

View Full Version : RainX Winter Windshield Washer Fluid residue removal

steelwindmachine
11-02-2018, 02:11 PM
I have baked on white emollients (grease) from RainX winter washer fluid that I can't get off from my glass and paint.

I've tried white vinegar, mineral spirits, Dawn, Meg's D114 diluted 1:10 with water and WD40. I have the RainX Extreme Clean cleaner to try and am if that doesn't work, might need to bust out the polisher.

I also found another product that might work, but I can't get it through Autogeek called Multisolve.

I'm not sure what else to try before hitting it with the polisher and an AIO or some FG400 I have on hand.

Any other ideas?

FYI - I will never use this washer fluid again. I've changed out to the plain blue stuff.

AZpolisher15
11-05-2018, 12:01 AM
McKees Hi Performance Glass Restorer is awesome stuff for deep cleaning glass.

TTQ B4U
11-05-2018, 04:28 PM
I would personally just hit it with a polisher and be done with it. I just put on new OEM Wipers and Infiniti changed up their design :( The new product isn't at all compatible with my current glass coating and is causing hopping.

I simply polished it out and got it down to bare glass whereby no water is beading. Given my time is very limited now, I'll have to wait to try a new coating or topper but at least my wipers are gliding over it silently.

AZpolisher15
11-07-2018, 06:19 PM
I would personally just hit it with a polisher and be done with it. I just put on new OEM Wipers and Infiniti changed up their design :( The new product isn't at all compatible with my current glass coating and is causing hopping.

I simply polished it out and got it down to bare glass whereby no water is beading. Given my time is very limited now, I'll have to wait to try a new coating or topper but at least my wipers are gliding over it silently.
If chattering is only in one direction, you can typically fix it by bending the wiper arm. And no I don't mean strong arming it. Just hold some pressure on it and it may be enough to alleviate the chatter.

TTQ B4U
11-07-2018, 11:02 PM
If chattering is only in one direction, you can typically fix it by bending the wiper arm. And no I don't mean strong arming it. Just hold some pressure on it and it may be enough to alleviate the chatter.

I'm aware. The car has less than 7k on it and it's definitely the new OEM Rubber compound vs the original ones. They changed the formula and many are scrambling to find the old ones. I'll simply work with a different coating product first. Worst case, I'll buy new inserts and return these.