PDA

View Full Version : Car wash for Wolfgang coating

waterman
10-30-2018, 04:52 PM
Hello,

I finished putting on the Wolfgang coating. The car soap I have been using for all of my cars is mckee37 sio2. Will I do any harm to the coating if I use Griot’s Garage Rinseless Wash and wax?

Thanks

The Guz
10-30-2018, 06:34 PM
McKee's SiO2 works well with any coating so that is ok. Your rinseless wash is ok in that it won't affect the coating in a negative way. The wax in it will mask the coatings hydrophobic properties and self cleaning effect. I am not sure how durable the wax in the product is as I have never used it. But if you don't care too much then you can continue to use it and think of the wax as a sacrificial layer on top of the coating.

Ebg18t
10-30-2018, 07:46 PM
We have used the M37 SI02 soap on our WGUC vehicle with great results.

Breese147
10-31-2018, 06:37 AM
Hello,

I finished putting on the Wolfgang coating. The car soap I have been using for all of my cars is mckee37 sio2. Will I do any harm to the coating if I use Griot’s Garage Rinseless Wash and wax?

Thanks

What’s the problem or complaint with the McKee’s SIO2 wash?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

acuRAS82
10-31-2018, 10:05 AM
What’s the problem or complaint with the McKee’s SIO2 wash?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

To the OP: If the issue is cold weather and the rinseless wash is the desire, Mckees N-914 or CarPro Ech2o would do well, or as Guz stayed, use what you have if it doesn’t bother you.

waterman
10-31-2018, 10:16 AM
Hello,

I like using all of the mckees37 products. I also like griots and have had great success using the rinseless wash. I don’t want to do anything to hurt the coating. I do have n-914 and Uber rinseless wash. I like the griots better.

The Guz
10-31-2018, 02:48 PM
None of these products are going to hurt the coating. Just be aware that a product that contains a wax or gloss enhancers will mask the coatings properties. If you like using then griot's then by all means continue using it.