PDA

View Full Version : Restoreing "light?" hazing on carbon fiber (It was suggested I post this in here)

gsr1379
10-24-2018, 01:30 AM
I posted in the 101 area but it was suggested to me to post here and get feedback from Mike Phillips

This is a spoiler on evo 9. You can see the difference on the edge where the gurney flap was removed. What should I do to make it more even. I tried using a DA with Griots then tried Fast Correcting Cream on Lake County orange pad. Very little to no correction. Do I need to wet sand or just need more aggressive pad and or compound? Thank you for any suggestions.

https://i.imgur.com/722CNCk.jpg

Mike Phillips
11-12-2018, 04:38 PM
I posted in the 101 area but it was suggested to me to post here and get feedback from Mike Phillips

This is a spoiler on evo 9.

You can see the difference on the edge where the gurney flap was removed.

What should I do to make it more even. I tried using a DA with Griots then tried Fast Correcting Cream on Lake County orange pad. Very little to no correction. Do I need to wet sand or just need more aggressive pad and or compound? Thank you for any suggestions.

Sorry for the late reply, busy with all kinds of offline projects.

I'd say if Griot's Fast Correcting Cream didn't fix the problem then getting more aggressive won't fix it either.

In fact, getting more aggressive could lead you to a HUGE WHOOPS - if you abrade into the actual carbon FIBERS.

Maybe learn to love how it looks?

:)

Dr Oldz
11-12-2018, 05:46 PM
I have to agree saying leave it. It looks like the sun has faded the exposed part.

RZJZA80
11-12-2018, 05:56 PM
Either leave it alone or have a bodyshop wet sand it and respray clear on it.