PDA

View Full Version : Modern Alternative to Klasse AIO + SG?

Pages : [1] 2

synkro
10-19-2018, 06:10 PM
I've used the Klasse combo for a few years now, but one coat of red and two coats of grey are a big time sink. Are there any sealants out there that provide similar protection in a single product? Maybe something like Jescar Power Lock? I've also become a big fan of Meg's Ultimate Fast Finish and use that as a top-up between Klasse applications. Not interested in ceramics at this point.

dlc95
10-19-2018, 06:18 PM
I was thinking Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish, Sonax Polymer Net Shield, or even Duragloss Aquawax to replace SG.

Rsurfer
10-19-2018, 06:26 PM
HD Speed.

synkro
10-19-2018, 06:45 PM
I was thinking Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish, Sonax Polymer Net Shield, or even Duragloss Aquawax to replace SG.

Do you think Fast Finish has enough durability on its own? My Klasse routine was to apply the combo once in the spring and once in the fall.

The Guz
10-19-2018, 07:12 PM
HD Speed.

Not if the op wants some actual durability that will come close to the klasse twins.

Do you think Fast Finish has enough durability on its own? My Klasse routine was to apply the combo once in the spring and once in the fall.

Fast Finish is not bad. The benefit is it’s ease of application. If you need more longevity simply add another coat.

Jescar gets high praise.

Rsurfer
10-19-2018, 07:21 PM
[QUOTE=The Guz;1601824]Not if the op wants some actual durability that will come close to the klasse twins.

He could top it with Power Lock like he suggested.

PaulMys
10-19-2018, 07:38 PM
Collinite 476, or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant both have excellent longevity, provided you do some basic maintenance. (Regular washing, add some topper once you're done)

Coatings have longer life if you are so inclined to try those, but they still require maintenance.

FUNX650
10-19-2018, 08:39 PM
I've used the Klasse combo for a few
years now, but one coat of red and two
coats of grey are a big time sink.

Are there any sealants out there that provide
similar protection in a single product?

•Here are just a few Sealant-based AIOs
that may not be considered as being modern;
but, IMO, they are still Worldly-wise:
“with-it”, so to say.

-Poorboy's Polish with Sealant

-Optimum Poli-Seal

-Finish Kare 215 One Step Cleaner
& Surface Sealant

Bob

acuRAS82
10-19-2018, 08:40 PM
Lots of good AIOs these days. Topping any of them with a Collinite should get you by twice a year. Topping some AIOs with other sealants have differing longevity claims (some say the sealant adheres, some say it doesn’t).

acuRAS82
10-19-2018, 08:42 PM
Oh, if you want a single step with good longevity (maybe 6 months??), Mckees 360 may be what you’re looking for.

dlc95
10-19-2018, 09:04 PM

Not sure yet.

I usually use Duragloss 111 over the winter.

dlc95
10-19-2018, 09:06 PM
•Here are just a few Sealant-based AIOs
that may not be considered as being modern;
but, IMO, they are still Worldly-wise:
“with-it”, so to say.

-Poorboy's Polish with Sealant

-Optimum Poli-Seal

-Finish Kare 215 One Step Cleaner
& Surface Sealant

Bob

I'd like to add both Duragloss 501, and 101 to that list.

PaulMys
10-19-2018, 09:11 PM
Everything suggested above is top notch.

Let the newbie head spin begin....... Lol

dlc95
10-19-2018, 10:25 PM
Everything suggested above is top notch.

Let the newbie head spin begin....... Lol

The rabbit hole is before him!

synkro
10-20-2018, 10:05 AM
Not a total newbie, just new to the forums. Though I've done enough research to make my head spin.

I think in the past I relied too much on Klasse AIO for cleaning, when really I should have been using more chemical decontamination. Tar and industrial fallout are my main enemy. If I use more chemical decon (in addition to claying, which I've always done) then I shouldn't need an AIO to pick up the rest.

I'd probably keep using Meg's UFF in any case just because it's insanely easy to apply.