PDA

View Full Version : My latest additions to my arsenal

Pages : [1] 2

trlblazer3
02-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Got all of my latest orders in, so now I'm officially ready for spring. Im the MANGot my Durrmaid on Friday, the Prochem Ultrapac TLC and All Fiber Rinse on Monday, and my Edge wool & foam pads yesterday (from AG of course!).
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w37/trlblazer3/DSC_0380.jpg

The Edge system is going on the rotary for now, and I'll continue using LC on the UDM unless I really like the Edge. Then I'll probably transition over to Edge down the road. The Durrmaid is replacing the LGCM I've been using for the last year or so. Just needed something bigger and more able to handle the workload. I haven't used it yet, but once I do I'll be sure to take some pics and a quick write-up, along with my experience with the Prochem carpet cleaners.

Meghan
02-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Soon as the snow melts you will be ready to roll!

trlblazer3
02-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Yea I'm so anxious to get rolling here. Especially excited about the extractor, should really help me get better results and in less time. The Edge system on rotary just makes sense -no hassle of centering pads, and I like the 6" wool pads as well. Anyone currently using the Edge wool pads? Likes/dislikes?

scottgt
02-21-2008, 10:40 AM
the 6 inch wool pads are awesome...so easy to controll

Jimmie
02-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Yea I'm so anxious to get rolling here. Especially excited about the extractor, should really help me get better results and in less time. The Edge system on rotary just makes sense -no hassle of centering pads, and I like the 6" wool pads as well. Anyone currently using the Edge wool pads? Likes/dislikes?

Yeah, I'm using the 8". Never a problem. Not really a dislike but they are quite heavy. The 6" is probably a better way to go.

budman3
02-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Please keep us updated with the Edge pads. I'm still contemplating on making the switch or not, for rotary usage...

It looks like your equipment is building up nicely. Good luck.

trlblazer3
02-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Scottgt -Thanks for the feedback, its good to hear.

Jimmie -The weight is one of the first things I noticed, since these are my first Edge pads I was not expecting it. They seem very well constructed, which is definitely a plus. Thanks for your feedback!

budman3 -I will definitely keep you posted on my pad experience. I too was back and forth on whether to go with Edge, but the 6" wool size and always being centered really sold me for use on the rotary. Hopefully I like them as much as I think I will.
The extractor was really the one big tool missing from my arsenal, and I researched for about two months before deciding that the Durrmaid was the best fit for my needs.

Showroom Shine
02-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Is that a heated unit? I have a Aztec Hot Spotter. I put 2 gal. of water in it , and in 15 minutes it's 207 degrees. I love my extractor! With a brush and Folex carpets look new!

trlblazer3
02-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Is that a heated unit? I have a Aztec Hot Spotter. I put 2 gal. of water in it , and in 15 minutes it's 207 degrees. I love my extractor! With a brush and Folex carpets look new!

Yep, its the heated model. We pretty much have the same unit then. That was the one thing I was not going to sacrifice; if I'm investing in an extractor is absolutely MUST be a hot water extractor. I bought the Prochem cleaners because I've heard they do an amazing job on a variety of stains. I'll give it a shot hopefully this weekend. What's your process? Spray on Folex, agitate/dwell, then run plain water through the solution tank? I'm going to apply the Traffic Lane cleaner to the area, then add the All Fiber Rinse to the recovery tank, as that's what was recommended to me when I ordered the chemicals.

mixxer
02-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Where did you get the extractor from and how much im looking for one as we speak?

trlblazer3
02-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Mixxer -PM Sent

POPPAJ
02-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Congrats on the extractor, I hope one's in my future. Also interested in the Edge Wool Pads since edge will soon release an adaptor for the MIGHTY FLEX!!

imageautodetail
02-21-2008, 07:36 PM
be careful with the plastic head, they like to catch when you least expect it and crack

trlblazer3
02-21-2008, 08:06 PM
be careful with the plastic head, they like to catch when you least expect it and crack

Are you referencing the extractor head? If so, the head that comes with the machine has a metal edging to prevent it from catching on the fabric as your going across. That and the plastic that is on it is pretty thick.

trlblazer3
02-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Congrats on the extractor, I hope one's in my future. Also interested in the Edge Wool Pads since edge will soon release an adaptor for the MIGHTY FLEX!!

Thanks POPPAJ, keep an eye out for the write up on the pads and my experience. I hope to get to take them for a spin once the weather is a little nicer.