PDA

View Full Version : When to apply spray QD sealants

sibhusz06
10-18-2018, 11:22 AM
Curious as i recently applied Wolfgang sealent, how often thereafter should one apply a spray type of QD sealant spray? Also do these QD spray offers any protection or is it just a short term shine additive.

Thanks Kal

FUNX650
10-18-2018, 12:04 PM
Considering their versatility...
I’ve used spray QDs when faced with
many different situations including, but
not limited to, the following:

•To remove fingerprints, dust, smudges.
•As a waterless wash.
•As an LSP booster.
•As a drying-aid.
•As a Clay lubricant.
•As a primer for buffing pads.
•Etc.

Bob

Desertnate
10-18-2018, 12:26 PM
Considering their versatility...
I’ve used spray QDs when faced with
many different situations including, but
not limited to, the following:

•To remove fingerprints, dust, smudges.
•As a waterless wash.
•As an LSP booster.
•As a drying-aid.
•As a Clay lubricant.
•As a primer for buffing pads.
•Etc.

Bob

Same here.

I'll add to the list: post-wash water spots and bird droppings

acuRAS82
10-18-2018, 01:16 PM
Assuming OP is talking about QDs only, you can use them as often as you want. Most don’t really add measurable protection that should be solely relied on, but therefore they wont do much in changing the behavior of your sealant.

If you are including spray waxes/sealants in your question (such as WG DG Spritz Sealant; not Detail Spritz) then you can use when the car is clean after a wash, every other wash, etc.

Rsurfer
10-18-2018, 04:22 PM
Assuming OP is talking about QDs only, you can use them as often as you want. Most don’t really add measurable protection that should be solely relied on, but therefore they wont do much in changing the behavior of your sealant.

If you are including spray waxes/sealants in your question (such as WG DG Spritz Sealant; not Detail Spritz) then you can use when the car is clean after a wash, every other wash, etc.

:iagree:Two different products.

rlmccarty2000
10-18-2018, 08:02 PM
Yeah there is a difference between a QD and a spray sealant. To me a QD is something like Kenotek Showroom Shine and Opti-Seal is a spray sealant. I would not use them interchangeably. Then we have to talk about with or without SiO2. The market is getting cluttered with different names for the same thing. Manufacturers are to blame when they call something a wax and it has no wax in it. I wish someone would sue for false advertising. Call the detailing police. Lol. But it’s not real funny.

Mantilgh
10-18-2018, 08:37 PM
I think the main question here is when to top your sealant which may get you a bunch of varied answers.

Many will say that WG DGPS (if that is the product you are referring to) is great sealant that doesn’t really need to be topped.

I haven’t used the product but have topped many a sealant just for added piece of mind. Whether it’s truly beneficial is up for debate.

I will usually do so about once a month.