PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Wax Bug and Tar on Ceramic coated car

Koogs
10-17-2018, 10:01 AM
Anyone know whether Turtlewax bug and tar contains any abrasives? and whether its safe on a coated car?

seems silly to go buy something else if this works, I just don't want to assume its safe and find out that there is mild polishing abrasives in it to assist in the cleaning process. When I asked Turtlewax didn't respond

Setec Astronomy
10-17-2018, 10:20 AM
The SDS doesn't seem to show any abrasives, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have some that don't show up on an SDS (because they're not hazardous). However, I wouldn't expect a product like this to have anything but solvents and/or surfactants.

As to whether those solvents are going to effect a coated car, I guess some of that is going to depend on the coating...but if you have tar, do you really have a choice but to use some sort of removal method which may effect the coating?

Koogs
10-17-2018, 02:21 PM
The SDS doesn't seem to show any abrasives, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have some that don't show up on an SDS (because they're not hazardous). However, I wouldn't expect a product like this to have anything but solvents and/or surfactants.

As to whether those solvents are going to effect a coated car, I guess some of that is going to depend on the coating...but if you have tar, do you really have a choice but to use some sort of removal method which may effect the coating?

Thanks for the reply. I am sure I need to use something. standard soap/QD isn't working.

I love the user name, Sneakers one of my favorite movies.

Setec Astronomy
10-17-2018, 02:53 PM
What is the coating?

You can try clay but that may also effect the coating.

Koogs
10-17-2018, 03:17 PM
Its CQuartz Ti.

Rsurfer
10-17-2018, 03:37 PM
Its CQuartz Ti.

Use TarX.