PDA

View Full Version : Your tire shine/gel/coating recommended product.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Mgavin1985
10-15-2018, 06:43 PM
What’s everyone using for tires. I’ve been using sonax And gyeon I prefer the sonax has better look. Shoot me a recommendation for a product maybe rate durability 1 low - 5 highest and shine 1 low -5 highest. I’m jones to try a new one because all my cars are coated (paint) and I’m trying not to top them and just wash em.

Bruno Soares
10-15-2018, 07:02 PM
Why not try a tire coating if you want something that doesn’t require frequent maintenance?
I use CarPro PERL and I reapply every wash so as long as it’s great for a week I’m happy and it easily does that.

briarpatch
10-16-2018, 06:41 AM
McKees 37 Gloss tire gel...gives me about 2 weeks.

Control the shine easily by varying number of coats

infosponge
10-16-2018, 07:10 AM
I daresay armor all spray on, goes on like a water based (Im assuming it is) intense shine for first day then fades to a nice black for about a week. Not the most durable but its like $5 for 30oz and locally available. I've been quite pleased so far.

BudgetPlan1
10-16-2018, 07:16 AM
Tuff Shine
- Durability/Longevity = 5
- Shine = 2/3 depending on coats (and tire composition it seems)

Not a fan of shiny tires, prefer clean look. Initial prep/application can be kinda arduous, especially if you've been previously laying on the tire dressings but once done, easy to keep up going forward. In NE Ohio, after initial application just give the tires a scrub in Spring, apply a coat or two and then no worries until next Spring. Tires start getting a little weak by winter but at that point, who cares...ride it thru winter, scrub/re-apply in Spring. Soap/water clean during washes. Been doing this since summer 2016 and tires always look fresh/clean.

hooked
10-16-2018, 07:44 AM
I’ve been using the Armor All spray for convenience and you can hit the wheel wells too. But I still have some PERL, so I’m going to try that in a 1:1 mix next time.

Mike Phillips
10-16-2018, 07:59 AM
I'll chime in....

IF --> IF the tires have NEVER had a tire dressing, spray or gel applied to them and IF it's a cool tire to start with, I like how the Tuf Shine Tire Coating looks and how long it lasts.

Here's the link to my recent review of the product and I just updated with some fresh pictures....

Review: TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat by Mike Phillips (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/2018-product-reviews-by-mike-phillips/120826-review-tuf-shine-tire-clearcoat-mike-phillips.html)

http://www.marine31online.com/gallery/data/640/TufShineUpdate_01.jpg

http://www.marine31online.com/gallery/data/640/TufShineUpdate_02.jpg

http://www.marine31online.com/gallery/data/640/TufShineUpdate_05.jpg

Also shared the updated pictures on my FB page last night - never surprised by the comments people feel so passionately about posting. :laughing:

I prefer to machine scrub the tires to prep them for the coating. Been trying to get Yancy to clear his schedule to make a video on how I prep and then apply Tuf Shine but he's always so busy. Next time I have the right tires I'll just do it with my cell phone.

:)

Desertnate
10-16-2018, 08:20 AM
I really liked Duragloss 253. It worked pretty well on most tires, was easy to apply, and would last two or three weeks. The amount of shine could be adjusted by how many coats of the product you applied.

I'm using Optimum Tire Gel right now and not a fan. It looks OK when applied, but duribility is very short. If you apply it even slightly too heavy, it can get shiny pretty quickly. When I run out of the Optimum, I'm going to give PERL a try based on all the great reviews.

PA DETAILER
10-16-2018, 11:18 AM

Duragloss #253 as well. Love the look. Lasts thru a few rains/car washes. And finally a tire product that DOES NOT SLING!! I am interested in the new Mc Kess 37 SiO2 Tire shine.

The Guz
10-16-2018, 11:27 AM
I really liked Duragloss 253. It worked pretty well on most tires, was easy to apply, and would last two or three weeks. The amount of shine could be adjusted by how many coats of the product you applied.

I'm using Optimum Tire Gel right now and not a fan. It looks OK when applied, but duribility is very short. If you apply it even slightly too heavy, it can get shiny pretty quickly. When I run out of the Optimum, I'm going to give PERL a try based on all the great reviews.

Perl is nice. It will last about as long as Optimum but to me Perl just looks better.

DBAILEY
10-16-2018, 11:52 AM
I have settled on Duragloss #253 also.

Desertnate
10-16-2018, 01:26 PM
Perl is nice. It will last about as long as Optimum but to me Perl just looks better.

Will PERL survive getting wet? So far the Optimum hasn't for me. I've applied it to tires and the next morning following a good rain (without being driven), it's completely gone and I have to apply it all all over again. In dry conditions it's still a little short lived compared to the Duragloss.

The Guz
10-16-2018, 02:00 PM
Will PERL survive getting wet? So far the Optimum hasn't for me. I've applied it to tires and the next morning following a good rain (without being driven), it's completely gone and I have to apply it all all over again. In dry conditions it's still a little short lived compared to the Duragloss.

It will survive. I use it at 1:1 and typically put two coats. I tend to top it every 2-3 washes as it’s easy enough. It just stays black even when it starts to fade.

We got rain here the other day and Perl survived on the tires even with the car driven.

And if you don’t like it you can always try it as an interior dressing at 1:5 which looks pretty good.

Optimum would brown for me from time to time. I never tried it at 1:1.

Bruno Soares
10-16-2018, 02:14 PM
And if you don’t like it you can always try it as an interior dressing at 1:5 which looks pretty good.

I've always been scared of trying that. Will it not be sticky or attract dust? On the tires it seems quite sticky (I use undiluted) and 1:5 just seems like it would still be too messy on dashboard and door panels.

The Guz
10-16-2018, 02:30 PM
I've always been scared of trying that. Will it not be sticky or attract dust? On the tires it seems quite sticky (I use undiluted) and 1:5 just seems like it would still be too messy on dashboard and door panels.

Not at all. I haven’t noticed an increase in dust from it. It does leave a nice finish. Try it on a door panel and see if you like it.