PDA

View Full Version : Rupes uhs pad problems?

Pages : [1] 2

Vanquish Auto
10-14-2018, 12:29 PM
Has anyone had problems with the Rupes UHS pads deteriorating? I love this system. But I am only able to get maybe 2-3 vehicles out of a pad before it’s unusable anymore. I buy all of my pads in bulk. So it’s possible I got ahold of a bad batch. Anyone else having this problem with these pads?

The Guz
10-14-2018, 12:49 PM
I have not had any issues with them. I have only had issues if a pad made contact with an edge by accident. Other than that my pads still look good.

What polish are you using? Type of machine? Speed? How often are you swapping the pads out for a new one?

Vanquish Auto
10-14-2018, 01:09 PM
That’s what I was afraid of. I knew something wasn’t right about them. It’s mainly the 6” and the 5” pads that are doing this. The 4”, 2” and 1” are not that bad.

I am using the UHS polish with them. Either the 21, 15 or the Duetto. Speed with the 21 and 15 no higher than 3.5. Speed with the Duetto no higher than 5. I will go through 4-8 pads depending on the vehicle. I always clean my pads after each section pass.

Rsurfer
10-14-2018, 02:05 PM
Has anyone had problems with the Rupes UHS pads deteriorating? I love this system. But I am only able to get maybe 2-3 vehicles out of a pad before it’s unusable anymore. I buy all of my pads in bulk. So it’s possible I got ahold of a bad batch. Anyone else having this problem with these pads?

Change out your pads more often and you won't have a problem. I will go through 4-5 pads per vehicle.

Vanquish Auto
10-14-2018, 02:25 PM
Change out your pads more often and you won't have a problem. I will go through 4-5 pads per vehicle.

That’s not the problem. As I stated above I’ll go through 4-8 pads depending on the vehicle. I also clean my pads after each section pass.

Rsurfer
10-14-2018, 03:44 PM
That’s not the problem. As I stated above I’ll go through 4-8 pads depending on the vehicle. I also clean my pads after each section pass.

How are you cleaning your pads?

Vanquish Auto
10-14-2018, 04:02 PM
How are you cleaning your pads?

Grit guard pad washer or a orange pad cleaning brush. I can’t remember the brand off the top of my head.

The Guz
10-14-2018, 05:47 PM
I rinse mine out with warm water, my gloves hands and Poorboys pad cleaner.

Vanquish Auto
10-14-2018, 06:57 PM
I’m positive it’s just a bad batch they have ran. I will be placing a new order soon. I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem with them before I placed my order.

PaulMys
10-14-2018, 06:59 PM
I’m positive it’s just a bad batch they have ran. I will be placing a new order soon. I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem with them before I placed my order.

If it was indeed a bad batch, wouldn't they stand behind the pads and replace them?

Eldorado2k
10-14-2018, 06:59 PM

Are you going to let them know?

Vanquish Auto
10-14-2018, 09:12 PM
I emailed them awhile back about the the old microfiber pads. Nothing ever came from it. I don’t recall getting a response about it from them. I’ll try to message them again about the UHS pads and see if anything is done. I love their pads and I believe in their system in most cases. But it’s frustrating when you spend hundreds of dollars on pads and they are defective.

If the roles were reversed. I would hope one of my customers would give me the opportunity to correct my mistake. Instead of going else where.

dlc95
10-14-2018, 09:14 PM
Grit guard pad washer or a orange pad cleaning brush. I can’t remember the brand off the top of my head.

Both of those methods have the possibility of being very aggressive while cleaning that particular style of foam.

That coupled with the "sticky", and stubborn consistency of the polish can lead to hastened wear from trying to get them perfectly clean.

I've killed a few pads early on with that pad conditioning brush by trying to get them really clean, when I only needed to "knock" the gunk off.

I clean UHS pads by hand, and find the polish resistant to any cleaner I have on hand.

My experience using grit guards to aide in cleaning pads has me coming away feeling that while they work great for traditional foam, wool and microfiber pads, I would probably not want to use it to clean blue, green, or grey Rupes pads. The unique consistency and cell structure of these pads makes them more sensitive in their use and care.

Vanquish Auto
10-14-2018, 09:29 PM
Both of those methods have the possibility of being very aggressive while cleaning that particular style of foam.

That coupled with the "sticky", and stubborn consistency of the polish can lead to hastened wear from trying to get them perfectly clean.

I've killed a few pads early on with that pad conditioning brush by trying to get them really clean, when I only needed to "knock" the gunk off.

I clean UHS pads by hand, and find the polish resistant to any cleaner I have on hand.

My experience using grit guards to aide in cleaning pads has me coming away feeling that while they work great for traditional foam, wool and microfiber pads, I would probably not want to use it to clean blue, green, or grey Rupes pads. The unique consistency and cell structure of these pads makes them more sensitive in their use and care.

I know what you mean. The polish is like concrete in those pads. I’ve tried about everything from their pad brush to a Tornador. I know the blue and green pads are notorious for breaking down quicker. But the UHS pads I have is something different. I’m not having a problem with the smaller sizes of the UHS pads. Just the 5” and 6”. That’s what leads me to believe it’s a defective batch.

dlc95
10-14-2018, 10:04 PM
I know what you mean. The polish is like concrete in those pads. I’ve tried about everything from their pad brush to a Tornador. I know the blue and green pads are notorious for breaking down quicker. But the UHS pads I have is something different. I’m not having a problem with the smaller sizes of the UHS pads. Just the 5” and 6”. That’s what leads me to believe it’s a defective batch.

Anything is possible though.

For me, the grey held up better than the blue and green.

I try my best to be very gentle while cleaning all of them, but they still wear out quicker than my traditional style foam pads.