PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish not to be applied on glass. Why?

hooked
10-14-2018, 06:24 AM
Reviews of MUFF(???) tell you it’s not supposed to be applied on glass, but they never say why. Why?

TTQ B4U
10-14-2018, 08:13 AM
Not familiar with the product but it is likely due to possibly causing wipers to skip/shudder.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Calendyr
10-14-2018, 04:18 PM
Ya. I think when you see a mention like that you should not think grass but rather windshield.

I have had some pretty nasty experiences with sealants on windshield, and now I only apply products designed for the windshield. Same goes for the back window if it has a wiper on it.

Otherwise for the side windows, I see no reason no to apply Fast Finish or any other type of sealant or wax you use on the rest of the car.

TTQ B4U
10-15-2018, 05:44 AM
Ya. I think when you see a mention like that you should not think grass but rather windshield.

I have had some pretty nasty experiences with sealants on windshield, and now I only apply products designed for the windshield. Same goes for the back window if it has a wiper on it.

Otherwise for the side windows, I see no reason no to apply Fast Finish or any other type of sealant or wax you use on the rest of the car.

I use GYEON CanCoat for any glass without wipers. Works great on Pano roofs, water flies off them when blow drying.

hooked
10-15-2018, 09:28 AM
Thanks, folks. So what windshield specific dressings do you use? I’ve seen someone somewhere mention AquaPel. In the past, I’ve just wiped whatever sealant I’m applying on all the exterior glass as well (Opti-Seal, Megs Quick Wax).

Setec Astronomy
10-15-2018, 09:33 AM
Isn't this kind of a "coating"? Frequently manufacturers don't want you to use "permanent" products on glass because they don't want the liability of you applying too heavy and compromising visibility. Optimum was famous for saying not to use OC 2.0 or Gloss-Coat on glass, even though we all did. Of course, they don't hold up too well to wipers, which is why they developed Opti-Glass.

Anyway, I don't think it's a wiper judder issue, I think it's a visibility one, why they say not to use Ultimate Fast Finish on glass.

Calendyr
10-15-2018, 11:12 AM
Thanks, folks. So what windshield specific dressings do you use? I’ve seen someone somewhere mention AquaPel. In the past, I’ve just wiped whatever sealant I’m applying on all the exterior glass as well (Opti-Seal, Megs Quick Wax).

I use Aquapel, but there are many products designed for glass. Just do a search in the Autogeek store for glass and you should find quite a few. The description for each product should mention if it's suitable for windshields and also the durability you can expect. Glass coatings usually have a 1 or 2 year durability, Aquapel is a 6 months product.

Cleankat
10-18-2018, 09:00 PM
I recently used UFF and loved it. Toyed with trying it on windows since it was so easy to use but ended up just using my go to Mirror Glaze Cleaner Wax which always works on glass well IMO. I may still try the UFF and see how it turns out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk