PDA

View Full Version : Need a Final Answer

Pages : [1] 2

Buckaroo93
10-13-2018, 10:48 PM
Gold Class Plus Paste applied over NXT Tech Wax (sealant) 2.0 Liquid...beneficial or no?

acuRAS82
10-13-2018, 11:36 PM
I’ve done (almost) that on silver, didn’t like it as much as M21 (basically the same as NXT) alone. I did it on black and I did like the look. Just make sure you wait 24 hours after NXT... you could always do just a panel first to decide. The NXT should long outlast the GC if you decide after that panel that you don’t like it.

Note that GC has some very minor cleaning ability, but it’s my opinion that it won’t significantly degrade the NXT underneath.

Buckaroo93
10-13-2018, 11:45 PM
What about just pure carnauba. Or is that even available?

acuRAS82
10-13-2018, 11:51 PM
Without getting into a long rant... pure carnauba is a hard wax from a Brazilian tree, for the purposes of car wax it is cut into solvents and/or other mediums to soften and included in Paste or liquid form. There is no good, standard scientific method of quantifying carnauba content in a car wax.

Just know that GC does include it, many others do exist for different prices and qualities. There’s no right answer for me telling you which would look best on your car’s paint... so just have fun with it and try it out if you’re curious!

FUNX650
10-14-2018, 10:45 AM
What about just pure carnauba.
Or is that even available?
It is stated that P21S 100% Carnauba Wax
doesn’t contain any “filler waxes”—such as
beeswax and paraffins—only Carnauba Wax;
and, it is available right here at AGO.

•Benefits, if any, for topping NXT
with Carnauba-based Waxes?
-IMO: performing “Test Spots” isn’t
limited to just finding acceptable
abrasive products.

Bob

Dr Oldz
10-14-2018, 12:46 PM
I personally don’t like any Meg’s waxes or sealants. The durability is terrible in my location.

PaulMys
10-14-2018, 06:20 PM
I personally don’t like any Meg’s waxes or sealants. The durability is terrible in my location.

Again, I agree with you Doc.

I used NXT, and I thought it made the trucks metallic pop like crazy. I loved the look of it, and it was very easy to work with.

However, the durability was only 6-7 weeks. And...... God help you if you get it on any trim.

UncleDavy
10-14-2018, 06:39 PM

I used NXT, and I thought it made the trucks metallic pop like crazy. I loved the look of it, and it was very easy to work with.

However, the durability was only 6-7 weeks. And...... God help you if you get it on any trim.

I second that Paulie. NXT goes on easy and removes easily but I only got about 30 days worth of protection. It provides a great shine and I suppose it could work as a good topper on some sealants. Right now I prefer Collinite.

Setec Astronomy
10-15-2018, 09:38 AM

Yup. I haven't bought any Meg's sealants in a long time because they all were horrible stainers, maybe the new ones are better but I'll never find out because there are so many products that don't stain...and I have enough of them to last the rest of my life, I think.

Mike Phillips
10-15-2018, 12:59 PM
Gold Class Plus Paste applied over NXT Tech Wax (sealant) 2.0 Liquid...

beneficial or no?

I would say that applying the Gold Class Plus Paste over the NXT Tech Wax sealant "would" be beneficial in the same way applying to thin coats of wax is beneficial to ENSURE 100% coverage over every millimeter of paint.

Key word being the word ensure.

But my own practice would be to do a GREAT job of applying just ONE application of just one product and then stick a fork in it and call it DONE.

What are you working on?

:)

Mike Phillips
10-15-2018, 01:01 PM
The durability is terrible in my location.

However, the durability was only 6-7 weeks.

I second that Paulie. NXT goes on easy and removes easily but I only got about 30 days worth of protection.

And just curious.... would all of you agree that the visual indicator that the product is no longer protecting or lasting on the surface is from the fall-off or diminishing of water beading?

UncleDavy
10-15-2018, 02:32 PM
And just curious.... would all of you agree that the visual indicator that the product is no longer protecting or lasting on the surface is from the fall-off or diminishing of water beading?

Water beading and slickness are the indicators that I go by.

DavidAl
10-15-2018, 04:17 PM
I’ve used so many products and always go back to what works best in every category: Collinite 476 for vertical panels and FK 1000p for horizontal panels. My car’s like a bullet proof vest.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Dr Oldz
10-15-2018, 06:43 PM

Not necessarily, Mike. To just judge on water beading alone if a bit unfair. First off a panel must me clean via a contact wash. Typical road grime and dirt can alter the beading properties. Also something to consider when looking at a LSP's durability is the fact that maybe excessive above surface bonded contaminants are present which can greatly reduce beading properties. Finally looking at the sheeting quality of flooded water is also an indicator.

So short answer is YES but there are other factors at play.

The Guz
10-15-2018, 10:03 PM

How did you know it was gone? NXT is a sheeting style sealant and becomes more of a sheeted after the first wash.

I haven’t used NXT in years but I got 5 months out of M21.

I second that Paulie. NXT goes on easy and removes easily but I only got about 30 days worth of protection. It provides a great shine and I suppose it could work as a good topper on some sealants. Right now I prefer Collinite.

Same as up above. I could see if this was exposed to a harsh environment.

Yup. I haven't bought any Meg's sealants in a long time because they all were horrible stainers, maybe the new ones are better but I'll never find out because there are so many products that don't stain...and I have enough of them to last the rest of my life, I think.

Ultimate Wax doesn’t stain trim. Paint Protect 365 was another.