PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Viper SRT-10 Coupe First Wax: Wolfgang and Souveran Tag-Team

Pages : [1] 2

Malu59RT
02-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Well, picked up my new 2008 Viper Coupe in GTS BLUE, on February 4th, and I've washed it several times since then, but thought I'd post pics after the Wolfgang Sealant and Souveran application. Saleen and the dealer did a good job of not putting swirl marks in the car, but not so great with wetsanding/buffing. This is pretty much non-existant in some spots, and I'm toying with the idea of doing this, but not sure that I want to go that far with the car yet.

On to the process:
Cleaned the wheels, tires, and wheel wells, then proceeded to get the Schmitt and grit guard out.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/Malu59RT/08%20Viper%20SRT/Pic035.jpg

I haven't had much luck with my Guzzler, so I've reverted back to my chamois, which I thought put swirl marks on the M3, but that hasn't been the case with the Viper after 6 times of drying the car.

I then proceeded to apply the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, and the car sat overnight to let this cure. I applied the Souveran about 3 days later after a quick rinse, and wiped the windows down with OTC glass cleaner and microfiber towels. Here are some shots of the car in various stages.

Jason

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/Malu59RT/08%20Viper%20SRT/Pic034.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/Malu59RT/08%20Viper%20SRT/Pic039.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/Malu59RT/08%20Viper%20SRT/Pic036-1.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/Malu59RT/08%20Viper%20SRT/Pic042.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/Malu59RT/08%20Viper%20SRT/Pic055.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/Malu59RT/08%20Viper%20SRT/Pic061-1.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k196/Malu59RT/08%20Viper%20SRT/Pic062-1.jpg

Z06-Goose
02-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Sweeeet!!!! :)

HighEndDetail
02-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Sweeeet!!!! :)

:whs:

Gary Sword
02-20-2008, 06:09 AM
Very nice! It's the first one I have seen in blue. I think I'm going to put Souveran Paste over Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant on my Red 02 Viper ACR after I polish it. I have been waiting for my Flex polisher to come in so I can test it out. Hopefully it will ship out this Friday.

Malu59RT
02-20-2008, 07:50 AM
Gary, I've been happy before on the Wolfgang/Souveran combination with the M3, and we'll see how it holds up on this car. Are you considering purchasing a 08, or are you planning to stick with the Z06 for now? I really haven't had any issues with this car, and have already put 850 miles on it since Feb 4th. She definitely won't be a garage queen :D. From a couple of the Gen 2 Vipers I've seen, I think they had much better factory paint finish than the 08. I'm starting to think more and more than Saleen didn't wetsand the body panels on my car :(

Jason

Meghan
02-20-2008, 08:08 AM
I think that is a great color and the WG and Souveran combo gave it a nice boost! Very good job!

trlblazer3
02-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Unbelievable car, thanks for sharing! That blue is just electrifying!

Gary Sword
02-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Gary, I've been happy before on the Wolfgang/Souveran combination with the M3, and we'll see how it holds up on this car. Are you considering purchasing a 08, or are you planning to stick with the Z06 for now? I really haven't had any issues with this car, and have already put 850 miles on it since Feb 4th. She definitely won't be a garage queen :D. From a couple of the Gen 2 Vipers I've seen, I think they had much better factory paint finish than the 08. I'm starting to think more and more than Saleen didn't wetsand the body panels on my car :(

Jason

I'll probably end up getting a new Viper. I won't be selling my Z06 though. I have been thinking about selling my Lamborghini Gallardo. I love the car but the Lambo dealers in Florida really suck and can't do anything right. I have to take it to Orlando or Miami and it's a real hassle especially when you have to take it back 3 times for them to fix simple things right. I have not had a chance to drive an 08 Viper yet. So what do you think of it?

Gary

dannythekid
02-20-2008, 02:29 PM
That is one sexy car. What chamois were you using aside from the guzzler?

Meghan
02-20-2008, 02:51 PM
I'll probably end up getting a new Viper. I won't be selling my Z06 though. I have been thinking about selling my Lamborghini Gallardo. I love the car but the Lambo dealers in Florida really suck and can't do anything right. I have to take it to Orlando or Miami and it's a real hassle especially when you have to take it back 3 times for them to fix simple things right. I have not had a chance to drive an 08 Viper yet. So what do you think of it?

Gary

I will make you a trade, life time supply of products for the Lambo! Heck I will even run over and detail the Z06 once a month! What do you say Gary, feeling generous!?:rolleyes:
With all of those toys in your garage you wont even know it is gone!:p

UncleV
02-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Looks Good! Have to try that Wolfgang DGPS next time. Heard it was much easier to work with than the Klasse HGSG.

Gary Sword
02-20-2008, 04:06 PM
I will make you a trade, life time supply of products for the Lambo! Heck I will even run over and detail the Z06 once a month! What do you say Gary, feeling generous!?:rolleyes:
With all of those toys in your garage you wont even know it is gone!:p

Sounds like a good deal but I'll have to think about it. ;)

Malu59RT
02-20-2008, 04:07 PM

Gary

Yeah, I hang out at Lamborghini Dallas a lot b/c of my best friend, and he tells me that he gets a lot of long distance customers b/c the local dealers are not treating customers right. I'm surprised high-end dealers don't know how important customer service is. He has however seen quite a few high mileage Gallardo's. One grandmother drives hers like a bat out of hell and last year he told me she had just passed 30,000 miles. I actually raced a Murcielago (not the LP640) last Sunday and he had 40,000 miles on his which was unbelievable.

Not having ever driven a Viper before, I couldn't give you any comparative thoughts. I'm about 5'7" and 190lbs, and I'm sure you have heard the cabin is a little on the tight side compared to the GTS. The exhaust is louder than the 06's because there is no crossover, and can be a little over-bearing on the hwy, but it doesn't bother me. It could benefit from a higher gear ration (3.45 or something) because it doesn't "feel fast" compared to the C6Z06, but I should have some race footage against a FGT and Z06 next week to compare. Of course, the car feels slow just because I'm used to my turbo bike, but it is fast for a car. Clutch pressure is fine, not anywhere as stiff as a FGT. The ride is a little stiff, but the new tires are supposedly a lot better than the old run flats. Visibility isn't the greatest, especially with the blindspot, as I've missed an entire car twice when doing my blindspot check, but I just have to be more cautious. The fit and finish for the most part is better than everyone told me it would be. If there is something specific you want to know, let me know and I'll try my best to answer it.

That is one sexy car. What chamois were you using aside from the guzzler?

I would be lying if I said I remember. I bought it back in 2000. Looking back I wish I bought 3 of them, it's lasted 8 years of washing, and still no tears!

Jason

Malu59RT
02-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Oh and cabin heat issues are non existant with the A/C on. It blows super cold on the low setting, and the heater in the mornings works hard too. LOL, Texas weather has us in the 70's during the day and 40's in the morning. The side sills have not felt warm during entry and exit, but I don't rest on the sills for more than a few seconds to get in and out.

Jason

Gary Sword
02-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Not having ever driven a Viper before, I couldn't give you any comparative thoughts. I'm about 5'7" and 190lbs, and I'm sure you have heard the cabin is a little on the tight side compared to the GTS. The exhaust is louder than the 06's because there is no crossover, and can be a little over-bearing on the hwy, but it doesn't bother me. It could benefit from a higher gear ration (3.45 or something) because it doesn't "feel fast" compared to the C6Z06, but I should have some race footage against a FGT and Z06 next week to compare. Of course, the car feels slow just because I'm used to my turbo bike, but it is fast for a car. Clutch pressure is fine, not anywhere as stiff as a FGT. The ride is a little stiff, but the new tires are supposedly a lot better than the old run flats. Visibility isn't the greatest, especially with the blindspot, as I've missed an entire car twice when doing my blindspot check, but I just have to be more cautious. The fit and finish for the most part is better than everyone told me it would be. If there is something specific you want to know, let me know and I'll try my best to answer it.

I would be lying if I said I remember. I bought it back in 2000. Looking back I wish I bought 3 of them, it's lasted 8 years of washing, and still no tears!

Jason

I wondered what you thougt of the 08 in comparison to a 06 coupe. If you have not driven an 06 coupe is will be hard to make a comparison. I think the visibility in the Gen. III Vipers is definitely better then a Gallardo if that makes you feel any better.

I hope you enjoy your car.