PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Viper SRT-10 Coupe First Wax: Wolfgang and Souveran Tag-Team

Pages : 1 [2]

Surfer
02-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Gotta get that puppy broken in, all I hear from other owners I've spoken with is how incredible the changes made affected the car, still a raw beast. We had about 530 rwhp or so in the ACR, and others that had similar or around 550rwhp from basic Roe kit still could not believe just how quick the car was stock when broken in. I'm looking at 08's but I have so much else going on right now and other investments going to hold off for now. Not sure on the paint as from others they were impressed by Saleens job and prep, but I recall like 2 or 3 other people saying they had orange peel and some other issues, Gen II's still have the best paint of any factory cars.

I still want to see the Snakeskin Green, as I'm not sure how it looks exactly as in some pics its got a dark hue to it and others its more flakey and light colored. Was anything released on the actual "Purple" color as I'm think even that with black stripes and black wheels would look wicked.

New ACR is going to stomp everyone on the track :D

Zack01GC
02-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Love that color. The 08 Vipers look great.

Malu59RT
02-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Oh, she's been broken in for some time now. I drive her a lot, and haven't been too easy on her since she's been broken in. I got mine for about $4k under sticker, but I guess winter weather had a great deal to do with it. I couldn't be happier with the car overall, it's just the small things coming from a Lexus and BMW that annoy me, but that's not why I bought the car. I was impressed by a lot of things that Saleen did, but they just didn't finish the job. There's no rush to get an 08, they will still make them until 2011, and then it's goodbye Viper :(

I saw the Snakeskin Green in person, and the fact that it looks different in lots of photos makes me love it. It's just an exotic color for a very rare car, and considered either a solid green, or green with black stripes, but I'm a blue person, and thought it would be a bad impulse purchase to get the wrong color. I couldn't be happier with this color in person, and the only thing I'd like to add are the white stripes. I have yet to see anything about the purple.

Jason

scottgt
02-21-2008, 04:32 PM
If you dont mind me asking, where are you located?

Dust2Glory
02-21-2008, 05:30 PM

Yes I would like to know as well... I'm in central texas, not far from austin, 2 hrs from the dallas area!!! i wanna touch a high end car!!! i'd even detail it for free!!! jsut to say that i did it

scottgt
02-21-2008, 05:39 PM
sorry dust....u cant stomp on my territory ...i just pee peed to mark my spot ...lol im jk!

Malu59RT
02-21-2008, 06:35 PM

I work pretty close to 35 and Beltline (not far from you Scott) but live in Mesquite.

Yes I would like to know as well... I'm in central texas, not far from austin, 2 hrs from the dallas area!!! i wanna touch a high end car!!! i'd even detail it for free!!! jsut to say that i did it

2 hrs is a drive to detail someone's car for free :) I've got most everything I need to detail the car myself (in fact I detail co-worker's and friends cars most of the time), but if I do wet-sand this bad boy, I might need some help.

If either of you guys want a ride when you are in the area, let me know in advance to make sure I drive the car that day. Monday's and Thursday's I typically don't drive it to work b/c I have to take my bro to the airport, and those pesky suitcases just don't fit in the trunk.

Jason

Malu59RT
02-21-2008, 06:39 PM
sorry dust....u cant stomp on my territory ...i just pee peed to mark my spot ...lol im jk!

Wow Scott, you take some good photos! One of my friends shot my motorcycle, and it also recently got selected to be in a magazine, but I need to get that and the Viper together one of these days.

scottgt
02-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Wow Scott, you take some good photos! One of my friends shot my motorcycle, and it also recently got selected to be in a magazine, but I need to get that and the Viper together one of these days.

thanks man, i would love to meet up sometime and check out the viper, i would love to take some pictures of it to...let me know if you want to do something sometime...i also work for a photographer..we want to do a hard core car shoot, if ur available next sunday would you be interested in doing a shoot?

Malu59RT
02-21-2008, 10:26 PM
thanks man, i would love to meet up sometime and check out the viper, i would love to take some pictures of it to...let me know if you want to do something sometime...i also work for a photographer..we want to do a hard core car shoot, if ur available next sunday would you be interested in doing a shoot?

Yeah man, email me at Malu59RT@aol.com and we can set something up after I get out of church (1-2PM), not this Sunday though, right?

Jason

supercharged
02-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Viper with Souveran!!! :righton:

scottgt
02-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Yeah man, email me at Malu59RT@aol.com and we can set something up after I get out of church (1-2PM), not this Sunday though, right?

Jason

no ..next sunday...ill talk to the photographer and see if thats cool with him and i will email you...we would prob. go to dallas ....ill email you though