PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire ceramic coatings on Vinyl Stripes and plastic trim.

Dan19063
10-10-2018, 10:18 AM
Hello all,

I am new to this site and forum and have a question on using Blackfire ceramic coating on my vehicles vinyl stripes and plastic trim. I just purchased a 2018 Durango GT (red) and had vinyl stripes put on. Since this car is new and will be kept outside under trees I wanted to ceramic coat it before it got to damaged. I bought the full Blackfire kit and figure on doing this in the next 2 weeks. I would assume that since the vehicle is new that I will just wash, clay, and use the polish included in the kit. I also have a 2004 Mercury Marauder (black) that is in bad need of a compounding, polish and coating. My question is can the ceramic coating be applied to the vinyl stripes and any plastic / rubber trim on either of my vehicles ? Can the coating also be applied to the black painted wheels from the factory ?

Goonie75
10-11-2018, 06:28 AM
Hello all,

I am new to this site and forum and have a question on using Blackfire ceramic coating on my vehicles vinyl stripes and plastic trim. I just purchased a 2018 Durango GT (red) and had vinyl stripes put on. Since this car is new and will be kept outside under trees I wanted to ceramic coat it before it got to damaged. I bought the full Blackfire kit and figure on doing this in the next 2 weeks. I would assume that since the vehicle is new that I will just wash, clay, and use the polish included in the kit. I also have a 2004 Mercury Marauder (black) that is in bad need of a compounding, polish and coating. My question is can the ceramic coating be applied to the vinyl stripes and any plastic / rubber trim on either of my vehicles ? Can the coating also be applied to the black painted wheels from the factory ?Good morning. I find that the piano black not so much but porous they worked good on. Just my experience. And you can coat the stripes but it may alter the color slightly.

I just did this 2019 and simply used a matte sealant on them instead. I'm sure others will chime in as well.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181011/08b6e1875fb10f7ab36657295ae5d56b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)