PDA

View Full Version : BF One Vs 3D Speed

Pages : [1] 2

Dr Oldz
10-10-2018, 01:27 AM
Personally I think these are the best two AIO's on the market. When judging AIO's, we talk about cut, finish, durability and ease of removal. While I think BF One has just a hair more cut, I find these 2 to be very very close in all aspects and have no problem using either in my AIO package.

One thing we don't really talk about is the look of an AIO. I have noticed that I like Speed on darker colors due to the depth, richness and glow that it leaves behind. It also has a slight darkening effect. BF One leaves a crisp, bright look that I like on lighter colors.

Both are great products and you can't go wrong with either. This is just something I have noticed. Most AIO packages this slight difference goes unnoticed nor does it really matter. Anyone else notice this?

JustJesus
10-10-2018, 11:47 AM
Oh geez. I was a bit confused there for a second. I initially thought "3D One" instead of Blackfire's One Step!

With all the talk about 3D ONE lately, i guess my brain was wired to see ONE, and not BF One Step.

I've seen others say similar about 3d Speed and the deep glow it leaves behind. I personally, never paid attention to that when using an AIO. At least not when I've used Speed.

What type of longevity are you seeing with these two?

Thanks for this post. One Step looks like a great product, and I already know Speed is from experience.

briarpatch
10-10-2018, 12:31 PM
Speed has a slickness and gloss that I've found unmatched in any of the AIO's I've tried....including BF, McKees 360 and Meguiars D166

dlc95
10-10-2018, 03:51 PM
Speed has a slickness and gloss that I've found unmatched in any of the AIO's I've tried....including BF, McKees 360 and Meguiars D166

Speed is pretty slick. I think Duragloss 501 slightly edges it out though.

briarpatch
10-10-2018, 04:14 PM
Speed is pretty slick. I think Duragloss 501 slightly edges it out though.
Haven't tried that one....will have to get my hands on some

Kenny94
10-10-2018, 06:51 PM
I switched over to BF AIO. And I have used HD speed for years. For the simple reason BF has more cut IMO.... As for longevity, I don’t know that yet but, I would think BF Will last longer as it contains a sealant not wax...

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline

Kenny94
10-10-2018, 07:21 PM
As for appearances. HD speed contains wax and BF AIO contains sealant. Perhaps this is reason one gives a different effect on darker colors and lighter colors? As I never looked it that way before....

PaulMys
10-10-2018, 07:29 PM
Speed always hits the mark for me. I never have much correction to do, but if need be, it will correct quite nicely with the right pad.

That said, I completely agree with the good Dr Oldz on Speed's rich glow on darker/medium paints. Plus, the slickness factor is very pleasing to me.

As far as longevity, I could never speak to that as I always top Speed with a durable sealant/wax.

(And please, for love of God, no "Well then that defeats the purpose of an All In One" comments.............. )

PaulMys
10-10-2018, 07:32 PM
As for appearances. HD speed contains wax and BF AIO contains sealant. Perhaps this is reason one gives a different effect on darker colors and lighter colors? As I never looked it that way before....

This could very well be the case. Nice call.

Dr Oldz
10-10-2018, 07:34 PM
as for appearances. Hd speed contains wax and bf aio contains sealant. Perhaps this is reason one gives a different effect on darker colors and lighter colors? As i never looked it that way before....

Sent from my ipad using agonline

bingo!

Dr Oldz
10-10-2018, 07:36 PM
As far as longevity, stand alone both are done protecting around the 2.5 month mark.

Dr Oldz
10-10-2018, 07:44 PM
Speed always hits the mark for me. I never have much correction to do, but if need be, it will correct quite nicely with the right pad.

That said, I completely agree with the good Dr Oldz on Speed's rich glow on darker/medium paints. Plus, the slickness factor is very pleasing to me.

As far as longevity, I could never speak to that as I always top Speed with a durable sealant/wax.

(And please, for love of God, no "Well then that defeats the purpose of an All In One" comments.............. )

Well that defeats the purpose of an AIO! :laughing:

All joking aside. I have been topping AIO’s with Ultima Waterless Wash with Acrylic cuz it is super fast and adds to the durability about a month.

PaulMys
10-10-2018, 07:52 PM
Well that defeats the purpose of an AIO! :laughing:.

That's it....... I'm headed to NE PA.........Im the MAN

Mattarbenz
10-11-2018, 06:46 AM
I haven't tried the BF yet, but just may. I've used Speed on about 40 cars per year last couple years. Every now and then for some odd reason I'll hit a car that the speed bonds to like glue. Even misting with detail spray it requires 10 times the effort to remove as before. Last two it did this on was a 12 Subaru and a 05 chevy, so can't blame it on a certain type of car. Can't blame it on Speed for that matter, works great most of the time. My process is always foam soak, power wash, clay mitt, rinse, dry, then speed with either orange or white Lc force pad on a 3401. Magic 90% of the time, nightmare other 10 to remove. I'm clueless on that one. It's always produced great look when done, but after working so hard to remove it a few times I'm beginning to get leary, it's cost me allot of unexpected time and effort a few times now. Still I can't really blame the product as of yet, has to be something I'm missing here.
The Subaru I knew something was weird right off the get go, it was like trying to use a rubber pad on a rubber car, flex had to be man handled hard to keep under control. Swapped to brand new pad, tried running a little wetter, little drier, didn't matter. Was just as hard to remove as going on. Looked great and felt great when done but felt like you just finished doing 5 cars in a row instead of one. The chevy a bit grabby putting on too, and even worse taking off.
So there is that pattern, if it's making the machine grabby and hard to control going on, it probably will fight coming off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

dlc95
10-11-2018, 08:34 AM
I haven't tried the BF yet, but just may. I've used Speed on about 40 cars per year last couple years. Every now and then for some odd reason I'll hit a car that the speed bonds to like glue. Even misting with detail spray it requires 10 times the effort to remove as before. Last two it did this on was a 12 Subaru and a 05 chevy, so can't blame it on a certain type of car. Can't blame it on Speed for that matter, works great most of the time. My process is always foam soak, power wash, clay mitt, rinse, dry, then speed with either orange or white Lc force pad on a 3401. Magic 90% of the time, nightmare other 10 to remove. I'm clueless on that one. It's always produced great look when done, but after working so hard to remove it a few times I'm beginning to get leary, it's cost me allot of unexpected time and effort a few times now. Still I can't really blame the product as of yet, has to be something I'm missing here.
The Subaru I knew something was weird right off the get go, it was like trying to use a rubber pad on a rubber car, flex had to be man handled hard to keep under control. Swapped to brand new pad, tried running a little wetter, little drier, didn't matter. Was just as hard to remove as going on. Looked great and felt great when done but felt like you just finished doing 5 cars in a row instead of one. The chevy a bit grabby putting on too, and even worse taking off.
So there is that pattern, if it's making the machine grabby and hard to control going on, it probably will fight coming off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That is interesting. The times I used it at a shop, Speed worked like a charm. The one time I use it on my car, I had a spot that didn't want to come off.

I think I had too much on my pad.