PDA

View Full Version : Micro swirls under light only

Breakineven
10-07-2018, 09:22 PM
Can these be removed? I am going crazy trying to get them out of a orange painted hood. I have tried orange foam by Griot. Do I go more aggressive foam or is that just for heavy defects?

The Guz
10-07-2018, 09:52 PM
What was the process and products you used?

AutowerxDetailing
10-07-2018, 09:55 PM
Pics would help. Or at least a better description of what the defects look like. It could be marring from your towels, micro-marring from the abrasives and pad you are using, or simply just swirl marks or scratches that aren't being removed by your polishing process. Regardless, nobody will be able to give you any meaningful advice without first understanding what kind of defects you are chasing after.

Breakineven
10-07-2018, 10:09 PM
Griots Polisher
Orange Pad
with Chemical Guys V36....speed 6, 4 to 6 passes.

65129[ATTACH=CONFIG]

:)

WRAPT C5Z06
10-07-2018, 10:27 PM
Optimum Hyper Polish and you’ll be good to go. It finishing amazingly well, no matter what pad you use.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Mike Phillips
10-08-2018, 06:17 AM
The thing I type about the most on this forum are the words,

abrasive technology

It is the abrasives that "touch" the paint.

Not the pad, not the tool and last of all you.

Try a different polish.

Mike Phillips
10-08-2018, 06:18 AM
Here's an article I wrote on this topic lately.

I sorry to say the most important part --> the picture --> is missing.

Abrasive Technology - THE most important factor when it comes to polishing paint (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/2018-new-car-detailing-how-to-article-by-mike-phillips/120326-abrasive-technology-most-important-factor-when-comes-polishing-paint.html)

The info is good. Hopefully our web team will get the gallery fixed an the all the missing pictures on this forum will show up.

gsmarquis
10-08-2018, 06:42 AM
Trust me. I read Mikes article on Abrasive Technology months ago. I was using this same polish line you were using. Stop using it and try something else. I went with Griots Boss creams. You can try anything else but please try something else. I was amazed on how much less work, less heat, and less time is was not using V-line.