PDA

View Full Version : Applying Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant

sibhusz06
10-06-2018, 11:24 PM
Ive tried to search before asking, but I plan to apply Wolfgang Deep Gloss 3 after buffing with Meguiars 205. Since my car is kept outside, I was curious if after applying one coat, would I benefit from a second or perhaps following up with something like collonite 845? Thanks.

Hammer77
10-07-2018, 02:55 AM
Applying a second coat will ensure coverage. IMO no need to top it with anything else its an awesome product all on it own. I would just use a spray wax after every wash.

Dan Tran
10-07-2018, 06:27 AM
I never had the need to apply a second coat.

I do apply by machine also which gives it even coverage also.

Otherwise, as stated WDGPS is an exceptionally satisfying sealant on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

FUNX650
10-07-2018, 06:28 AM
Applying a second coat will ensure coverage.
IMO no need to top it with anything else
its an awesome product all on it own.

^^^This.

Bob

SWETM
10-07-2018, 07:08 AM
I like the sealants applyied on it's own. And if manufactures of them don't mentions layering it it's great with 1 layer. What you could do to be certain to get the best bonding from sealants. Is to use a panel wipe product and wipe down before application of the sealant. It's to get the polishing oils off the paint after polishing. And gets you a very clean paint to apply your sealant of choice on.

cummins03
10-07-2018, 07:10 AM
I still use Souveran (spelling) over it on my black 2106 GMC Sierra. Just for the look. It stays in the garage most of the time. Sorry no pics

Markymapo
10-07-2018, 07:18 AM
I top my WGDGS every month with spray on McKees 37 Fast wax all in one for increased protection n pop.. As others have said on its own it is most likely fine. Not sure how log it lasts, others have info on that

01GreyStangGT
10-07-2018, 07:44 AM
Sometimes I put Fuzion on top because I like the look but most of the time 1 coat does a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

sibhusz06
10-07-2018, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the feedback, ill just go for one coat since I was planning to use a DA with black pad for application.

Sonic Pilot
10-07-2018, 12:11 PM
Plenty of solid advice here already.
On occasion, I have topped a sealant with a carnuba wax because I much prefer the look and finish of carnuba's warm glow over the sort of "sterile" shine of sealant, especially on black paint, but that is simply personal preference.
I expect absolutely no significant additional "protection" from the additional coat.

Over the years there seems to have been a lot of opposing arguments as to weather there is any tangible benefits to "layering" though.