PDA

View Full Version : Collinite hazing after a few days

Pages : [1] 2

paulsiu
10-06-2018, 08:51 PM
I was reading about Collinite and notice a few articles on Reedit and youtube where the Collinite user apply the product on their car, but then the wax hazed again after a few days. The poster explained that this is because of oil coming to the surface. I have never heard of this happening with other products.

I haven't try Collinite yet, so I am wondering if anyone notice this behavior for Collinite? Some of the posters appeared to apply the Collinite over a sealant, which may have contributed to the behavior?

Paul

MarkD51
10-06-2018, 09:09 PM
I take it you're specifically speaking of Collinite #845 Insulator Wax, correct?

Yes, I've read of some folks experiencing this problem and mentioning it here.

As you mention, is it a possibility of some odd interaction of being applied on top of another product? Possibly.

Or possibly a specific paint type or color? Or weather condition? Again possible.

All I can say, is that for all the times I used #845, literally dozens of times over the years in all sorts of weather conditions, and vehicle makes and colors, and I have never personally experienced this problem.

bfielder32087
10-06-2018, 09:13 PM
I take it you're specifically speaking of Collinite #845 Insulator Wax, correct?

Yes, I've read of some folks experiencing this problem and mentioning it here.

As you mention, is it a possibility of some odd interaction of being applied on top of another product? Possibly.

Or possibly a specific paint type or color? Or weather condition? Again possible.

All I can say, is that for all the times I used #845, literally dozens of times over the years in all sorts of weather conditions, and vehicle makes and colors, and I have never personally experienced this problem.Seconded. I've heard a lot of people say it but I personally haven't had it happen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

FUNX650
10-06-2018, 09:26 PM
This “sweating” phenomenon is not isolated
to Collinite waxes. It has been reported to
happen to many other Brands’ waxes as well.

•Perhaps the waxing area’s relative humidity
is a factor? One thing for sure is, that, when
the waxing area’s temperature reaches the
Dew Point: condensation is gonna happen.

:)

Bob

Chopper280
10-07-2018, 06:03 AM
I have had wax hazing happen to me only once and believe high humidity was the cause.
I applied the wax early in the morning when humidity was at the high for the day.
Used the same wax many times since with no problems.
It was not Collinite but a popular foreign brand.

Bruno Soares
10-07-2018, 07:26 AM
Usually only happens if you applied too much. If you apply a very thin coat sweating should not occur. Having said that, I don’t even mess with waxes anymore, sealants and coatings are the way to go.

paulsiu
10-07-2018, 08:37 AM
I did look up "sweating" and it does mentioned things like this happening with wax. Personally, I have never encountered this even when I wax on high humidity days. Based on some searches, there's several possible causes.
1. The most likely cause is too thick of an application. Doing so leaves uneven amount of product behind that may haze over as the solvents in the product evaporate. Applying a thin layer should minimize this.
2. I imagine that not shaking the bottle may result in incomplete mixture to be apply to the car.
3. Applying collinite over another coating like a sealant appears to increase this occurrence. The reason I say this is because I was watching an application of Collinite on youtube from a poster with a handle of Obsessed Garage and he appears to be applying it really thin and he still say that he gets sweating more often than not, though it may be environmental since he may be in a high humidity area like Houston.

Paul

spazzz
10-07-2018, 09:58 AM
I have noticed this to happen more often this time of year.

Cool damp nights and warm/afternoon morning sun.
It stops after a few days.
It will help to do a rinseless wash.

Kamakaz1961
10-07-2018, 11:31 AM
I have had a couple of products that ghost or haze after application. I no longer use them as there are many SUPERIOR waxes/sealant or hybrids out there. Collinite is a brand I no longer use. I may cause a big stink with my opinion as there is a huge fan base for the product. For me I am not one from 1st hand experience. Additionally, it can get "finicky" to remove if you apply too much on it or depending on the panel being too hot or cold. To me there are just too many variables to get the application to be "perfect" with Collinite. My small brain refuses to think too much for that process....LOL

bfielder32087
10-07-2018, 01:45 PM
I have had a couple of products that ghost or haze after application. I no longer use them as there are many SUPERIOR waxes/sealant or hybrids out there. Collinite is a brand I no longer use. I may cause a big stink with my opinion as there is a huge fan base for the product. For me I am not one from 1st hand experience. Additionally, it can get "finicky" to remove if you apply too much on it or depending on the panel being too hot or cold. To me there are just too many variables to get the application to be "perfect" with Collinite. My small brain refuses to think too much for that process....LOLAll products really depends on many situations environments etc.... It's always very interesting. You say that it's finicky but for me personally I've never had a single issue. Always interesting. That's why when so and so says x product is amazing or y product is terrible we can't take it as gospel because it all depends.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Kamakaz1961
10-07-2018, 07:00 PM
All products really depends on many situations environments etc.... It's always very interesting. You say that it's finicky but for me personally I've never had a single issue. Always interesting. That's why when so and so says x product is amazing or y product is terrible we can't take it as gospel because it all depends.

Agreed 100%! I have found product that has been very good to me. I just stick with what works for me. My small brain could not comprehend any more!...LOL Keep on Rocking!

Cleankat
10-08-2018, 08:14 PM
I have some personal experience with this. I used 845 for years when I lived in Ohio. Never once had this issue.

Moved to Southern Florida and I had to stop using it, not sure if it's the humidity that it doesn't play well with or not, but the car could sit in the garage for days after application and have zero haze, then when it gets out in the sun and heats up it hazed. I thought I had a bad bottle maybe so for another from a different source mind you, and same result.

The haze wiped off easy but it annoyed me to the point I stopped using it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

markoz28
10-08-2018, 09:08 PM
I have had the haze using 845 here in south TX. Humidity is crazier than you have even seen. Its something ppl from the north complain about all the time. LOL!

Once its applied even if thin, within a few days it will haze. I'll wait a week and then wash a gain and the haze is gone with the wash. It looks really nice after and beads like crazy during every wash (car is never in rain).

Any how, i will not be using it anymore as it is a little more difficult to take off. I really like Jescar power lock sealant. That stuff is amazing and the car looks even better than the Collinite 845.

dlc95
10-08-2018, 09:13 PM
I had it happen once with Zymol Creame.

I've used that wax a lot, and rarely had issues with it.

PaulMys
10-08-2018, 09:24 PM
Agreed 100%! I have found product that has been very good to me. I just stick with what works for me. My small brain could not comprehend any more!...LOL Keep on Rocking!

Small brain? Judging by your posts, I would say hardly!

As for the 845, I have no doubt about the different conditions causing the hazing in certain climates. :xyxthumbs: