PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Vinyl and Rubber Protectant

makdaddy626
02-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Has anyone used this? Thoughts? Impressions? Does it offer any UV protection? What about scent? Thanks in advance.

Pinnacle Vinyl & Rubber Protectant beautifies and protects your car's dash, vinyl seats and door facings against premature aging. (http://www.autogeek.net/pinvinrubpro.html)

ScottB
02-19-2008, 05:47 PM
I cannot remember a thing .... I know I have used this product, and really thought it was replaced a couple years back. Meghan ???

Surfer
02-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Ask Supercharged, I think he's said before he uses it.

makdaddy626
02-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Thanks guys, I'm searching for a new interior protectant. I was using 303 and feel confident in it's protection and like the matte look but it's scent is uh... well it's not exactly "bad" but it's not exactly good either. Based on some members postings, I tried the PB natural look, and was again pleased with the look it offered (after buffing) but found the scent to be a little to "sweet" for my taste.

Thought maybe the Pinnacle offering would work as most of their products are head and shoulders above most others in terms of scent (at least in my opinion) but don't want to sacrifice my matte finish or protection.

So, if anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to post them up here too. Thanks again.

Meghan
02-19-2008, 07:32 PM
You will get protection from it, and with all Pinnacle products the smell is good.

ScottB
02-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Einszett Cockpit Premium .... light scent, gone quickly with no lingering attitude.

supercharged
02-19-2008, 10:48 PM
Ask Supercharged, I think he's said before he uses it.
I used this stuff before, am running low...I love this stuff! It works well as a protectant, but also very well as rubber conditioner (rubber seals) keeping them soft. And that's what I would recommend it for. It leaves very little gloss if you use it on a dash... has a nice coconut scent to it.

makdaddy626
02-19-2008, 10:54 PM
You will get protection from it, and with all Pinnacle products the smell is good.

What about shine and slipperiness?

Einszett Cockpit Premium .... light scent, gone quickly with no lingering attitude.

Killr, looking at the product description it sounds more like a cleaner than a dressing, it doesn't say anything about protection?

Thanks guys, probably about 80% of my arsenal has been purchased on the advice received from the forum.