PDA

View Full Version : About to apply CarPro HydrO2 for the first time, any tips before I get started?

Demo
10-05-2018, 08:41 AM
Gonna do a wash then spray on the Hydro2 and then pressure wash off. Any tips or tricks to avoid streaks?

RobertJ34
10-05-2018, 09:27 AM
Make sure panel is as wet as possible, try not to do in direct sunlight or at least make sure panel is cool, couple sprays of Hydro (does not need to be a lot), and spray off.
Personally, I do a quick "spread" with the water to get entire panel coated and then strong spray to ensure all is off.

Bruno Soares
10-05-2018, 09:40 AM
I think it's important to apply less than you'd think you need. A couple sprays per panel and immediately rinse off with a strong jet of water. Don't try to do multiple panels at once.

Demo
10-05-2018, 09:42 AM
Was gonna use my sunjoe to rise it after I spray it. Should I avoid glass or the plastics?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gsmarquis
10-05-2018, 10:34 AM
Hydro2 can go on everything. DO NOT apply in the sun or anything other than a cool surface. Dont hesitate to rinse off, you will not spray it off the car. It seems like the longer you hit it with a PW with a nice fan tip the smoother and more even it gets.

RobertJ34
10-05-2018, 10:34 AM
Fine on glass and plastics. I also agree with BSoares, do not try multiple panels.

Bobby B.
10-05-2018, 01:05 PM
Work in a shaded area. Make sure the paint surface is cool to the touch. Make sure the surface is very wet before applying the Hydro2. Start at the top of the vehicle and work your way down and around the vehicle. work on 1 panel at a time. Rinse off the panel with pressure washer. 1 or 2 sprays per panel is all you need. Less product works better.

Demo
10-05-2018, 01:11 PM
So if I was gonna apply a glass sealer should it be before or after the hydro 2?
Work in a shaded area. Make sure the paint surface is cool to the touch. Make sure the surface is very wet before applying the Hydro2. Start at the top of the vehicle and work your way down and around the vehicle. work on 1 panel at a time. Rinse off the panel with pressure washer. 1 or 2 sprays per panel is all you need. Less product works better.

RobertJ34
10-05-2018, 01:27 PM
So if I was gonna apply a glass sealer should it be before or after the hydro 2?

I would suggest glass sealant prior to hydro

Rsurfer
10-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Before, you don't want the glass coating to bond to the Hydro.