PDA

View Full Version : 3d aca 500 & 502

Pages : [1] 2

dlc95
10-02-2018, 10:43 PM
Just seeing if anyone has had any extensive experience with these products.

So far I'm digging 3D One. Based on it's performance, it's really piqued my interest in the titans in the line.

However, those are some super pricey liquids. I don't mind paying as long as they deliver.

Looking for low dust, easy wipe off, excellent performance / results. (Who isn't, right?)

Thanks!

sudsmobile
10-02-2018, 10:54 PM
Based on my reading, they sound a lot like Scholl's. Have you ever tried those?

The Guz
10-02-2018, 11:13 PM
Looking for low dust, easy wipe off, excellent performance / results. (Who isn't, right?)

Thanks!

I would recommend Sonax.

dlc95
10-03-2018, 06:44 AM
Based on my reading, they sound a lot like Scholl's. Have you ever tried those?

Not yet.

dlc95
10-03-2018, 06:48 AM
I would recommend Sonax.

They're on my short list.

I also wanted to stay away from diminishing abrasives, and medium cut finishers. 04/06 seems a little aggressive for a finishing polish.

The Guz
10-03-2018, 02:52 PM

I also wanted to stay away from diminishing abrasives, and medium cut finishers. 04/06 seems a little aggressive for a finishing polish.

I have not had any issues with Perfect Finish or Ex 04-06 finishing out other than Perfect Finish light marring the soft black paint on the sail panel of my Camaro. But most polishes do that including M205. Plus you can get them in small bottles before you commit to the larger bottles.

You always have Griot's as another option if you want non-diminishing.

Rsurfer
10-03-2018, 06:53 PM
ACA 500 and 520 are an excellent combo. Long work time, non diminishing abrasives, and no dust.

Dr Oldz
10-03-2018, 07:31 PM

Curious as to why you want to stay away from diminishing abrasives? Diminishing abrasives are way different critters compared to the ones 20 years ago.

Anyway, I stopped caring about what abrasive type is in a buffing liquid and solely care how the product works for me.

dlc95
10-03-2018, 07:45 PM
Curious as to why you want to stay away from diminishing abrasives? Diminishing abrasives are way different critters compared to the ones 20 years ago.

Anyway, I stopped caring about what abrasive type is in a buffing liquid and solely care how the product works for me.

I like being able to do a pass or two, and be done. When I use M205, I can finish in much shorter time than I can with SF4000. To me this is important in preserving clear coat, saving time, and insuring maximum gloss. For example, I can use something like M205 as a paint cleaner by using a finishing pad, low speed, light pressure, one pass, and be done. I've grown accustomed to that versatility.

With a non diminishing abrasive, there's no chance of the abrasives not being cycled down. With random orbital polishers, where the motion can be inconsistent, the abrasives have the chance to not be fully broken down unevenly. This isn't going to happen with a non diminishing product.

Dr Oldz
10-03-2018, 10:44 PM
Fair enough. I personally don’t use polishes in that manner but I certainly get what you are saying.

dlc95
10-03-2018, 11:01 PM
Fair enough. I personally don’t use polishes in that manner but I certainly get what you are saying.

And honestly, it's probably all in my head.

I use my Menzerna polishes a lot, and they perform beautifully.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-04-2018, 09:56 AM
While they can be used with a DA, they're definitely geared for rotary polishers. 3D's video of these two produced insane results with a rotary. I was like, WOW!!

dlc95
10-04-2018, 12:43 PM
While they can be used with a DA, they're definitely geared for rotary polishers. 3D's video of these two produced insane results with a rotary. I was like, WOW!!

I saw that! That gloss was HOT - even after the wipe down.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-04-2018, 12:55 PM
I saw that! That gloss was HOT - even after the wipe down.
Totally agree! That was the best 50/50 video I’ve ever seen. On a side note, the dude made rotary polishing look easy(though it’s not)!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

dlc95
10-04-2018, 02:49 PM
Totally agree! That was the best 50/50 video I’ve ever seen. On a side note, the dude made rotary polishing look easy(though it’s not)!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Even my girl said "wow" when I showed her the video.

Yeah, I rarely ever use the rotary anymore. That guy can probably use it in his sleep!

Well, it's decided. I have to give these abrasives a shot.