PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy's Professional Polish question

MoBenzOwner
02-19-2008, 12:31 PM
I know from the product description that Poorboy's Professional Polish creates a good foundation for applying waxes by cleaning,adding shine , etc. But if applying a sealant is there a need to rewash or do an IPA wipedown before applying the sealant? After all it is a "polish" and I was wondering if any oil or abrasive residue is left behind to hamper bonding?

Lillou
02-19-2008, 12:42 PM
MoBenzOwner

To my limited understanding the professional polish is a paint cleanser not a polish that would be used to remove swirls or scratches.There shouldn't be any residue or grit

Mike T
02-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Just make sure the surface is clean from any residue and such. What color is the car you are planning on using PPP on?

Jimmie
02-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Good question. I don't believe so. I've used PB PP a lot and never had any issues putting a sealant over it with no rewash or wipe-down.

trlblazer3
02-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Like Jimmie, I've used PP quite a few times and haven't had any issues putting sealants over it with no IPA wipedown/re-wash.

budman3
02-19-2008, 02:06 PM
The PP is supposed to remove all of that 'junk'. It'll clean the paint after polishing so you don't need to do another wipedown.

MoBenzOwner
02-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Just make sure the surface is clean from any residue and such. What color is the car you are planning on using PPP on?

I will be using it on a black Buick LaCrosse and will probably use as a cleaner type product on my flynt gray e350.

thank you all for your input!

Mike T
02-19-2008, 04:26 PM
I myself stopped using PP on black, which my car is. I found it leaves the finish too bright and reflective. I prefer my polish to leave a darker, richer finish. Something like XMT360.
I do like to use PP on other colors though.