PDA

View Full Version : How do you handle NOT being able to wash the car? (bad weather, etc)

Pages : 1 [2]

RippyD
10-01-2018, 09:50 PM
I don't let winter get in the way. I wash all year round; traditional hose/soap or rinseless (pre treat with waterless). I ran warm water into my garage this year to allow for this. I could never go a few days, let alone weeks or months with salt on my cars. Never! (LOL) So they get washed no matter what. Is it fun when it's 15 degrees - heck no - but then I pull it into my garage with heater and dry it off. 100% ideal? No, but so much better than nothing.
Winter doesn't get in the way of washing. There's just no point when the car is literally covered with muddy road grime after driving it a mile or two.

PA DETAILER
10-02-2018, 07:07 AM
Of all the negative aspects to winter in NE Ohio, one positive is that it's just so hopeless trying to keep cars clean, I can just forget about it for a few months.

:iagree:

UncleDavy
10-02-2018, 05:13 PM
I actually go through a bit of a depression when I can't detail the cars. We had a stretch of weather last week where it rained every day. I couldn't detail the cars and it made me crazy. When we finally had a sunny day I ran outside and worked on all three vehicles. I couldn't get over how much better I felt afterwards. I actually enjoy the activity of detailing and it is definitely therapeutic. Winter washing is actually more enjoyable to me. It gives me an excuse to wash the salt off of the cars and I can wash the cars outside and not sweat.
The wife's car is always in the garage so her Buick gets a lot of Wolfgang Uber rinseless washes.