PDA

View Full Version : Optimum glass clean & protect

PA DETAILER
09-30-2018, 05:51 AM
Optimum Opti-Glass Clean & Protect (https://www.autogeek.net/optimum-glass-cleaner.html)

Looking for some feedback on the product. Understand it's good for refreshing a glass coating.

The Guz
09-30-2018, 11:19 AM
Use it every so often after a wash and it will "boost" the glass coating. It gives that rainx effect. Works well with most glass coatings.

TroyScherer
09-30-2018, 01:23 PM
I use this specifically with the Opti Glass coating as it is the best in terms of durability and water action I have found. Saying that I like this for a quick easy clean and to add a little extra. But I find that a dedicated cleaner like the Megs glass cleaner works better for really dirty or bug plastered windows. So at times the Opti Clean & protect is a final application and protection step for me.

gspam1
10-01-2018, 12:07 AM
More protect than clean in my experience. When I used it, I would clean with another glass cleaner first.

sixsix
10-01-2018, 05:21 AM
This is the only OPT product that I didn't really care for. It cleans OK, but I didn't feel the protect aspect of it to be that great.

JustJesus
10-01-2018, 11:31 AM
For me, it was a bit grabby when wiping off. Granted, no coatings on the windows I used it on. Not even clayed.

I bet it would work better on coated glass. And i do wonder if it will play well with CarPro Fly-by-Forte

The Guz
10-01-2018, 12:30 PM
And i do wonder if it will play well with CarPro Fly-by-Forte

It does. No issues using it with FlyByForte or Mckee’s.