PDA

View Full Version : Any professionals in the Dallas, Lubbock or Austin (or Abilene) TX area that are comfortable on older (1968) paint?

Robbo
09-27-2018, 10:38 PM
I've been lurking and reading and doing a little practice on our DD cars, but I have a more special car I'd like to get done in a relatively quick timeframe. Not as in "IT NEEDS TO BE DONE RIGHT NOW", but sooner than I have time to read/learn/practice and be comfortable with correcting on my own, on such a project.

It's a 1968 Corvette that I am purchasing, and I want to present to my mother (my first car was a 68 passed down from her) and I'd like to get it looking it's best. It's been protected from the elements, but stored in a shop for 30 years so dusty and could use some cleaning and I'm sure some correction.

Are there any Autogeek forum members in the DFW, Lubbock, Abilene or Austin TX area who are detailers that would be a good recommendation for a project like this older paint?

I don't have details on exact condition yet as the car is being shipped to me but I've read enough on the forum (about setting expectations of what can be done) to be one of your "easy to work with" customers haha. I should have it next week so can start setting up a time to bring it to be inspected likely the week after.

Thanks in advance for any point in the right direction.

Rob

VISITOR
09-27-2018, 11:13 PM
if you can't find anyone on here that can help you out, check out... scottwax.com - Serving the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex in Texas...

abileneautoworx
09-29-2018, 07:41 PM
I've been lurking and reading and doing a little practice on our DD cars, but I have a more special car I'd like to get done in a relatively quick timeframe. Not as in "IT NEEDS TO BE DONE RIGHT NOW", but sooner than I have time to read/learn/practice and be comfortable with correcting on my own, on such a project.

It's a 1968 Corvette that I am purchasing, and I want to present to my mother (my first car was a 68 passed down from her) and I'd like to get it looking it's best. It's been protected from the elements, but stored in a shop for 30 years so dusty and could use some cleaning and I'm sure some correction.

Are there any Autogeek forum members in the DFW, Lubbock, Abilene or Austin TX area who are detailers that would be a good recommendation for a project like this older paint?

I don't have details on exact condition yet as the car is being shipped to me but I've read enough on the forum (about setting expectations of what can be done) to be one of your "easy to work with" customers haha. I should have it next week so can start setting up a time to bring it to be inspected likely the week after.

Thanks in advance for any point in the right direction.

Rob

Hazel at Abilene Auto Spa. They do very,very good work. They are the only shop that I would allow to touch my vehicles besides myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Aaryn NZ
09-29-2018, 08:12 PM
Brian Daly at Austin Detailing would be my pick hands down. :props:

Austin Detailing - Home | Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AustinDetailing/)

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

Robbo
09-29-2018, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the suggestions gentlemen!

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk