PDA

View Full Version : Automotive Makes That Have Eluded You

Pages : [1] 2

Coach Steve
09-23-2018, 11:23 PM
What mainstream makes or models of cars have eluded you thus far. I'm not talking about exotics or super high end luxuries. I'm talking about the normal everyday cars and trucks you mingle with in traffic.
Up until last weekend, there were two but I finally did a Land Rover so that one's finally off the list. The only one remaining is Volvo - and I've been doing this for 25 years!
I don't know if it's because there just aren't that many of them here in the PHX area or if Volvo owners are just tightwads and don't have their vehicles professionally serviced. :dunno: Not only have I not done one, I've never even been asked for a quote on one. It's not because my advertising comes across as being preferential to any particular vehicles either. In the past couple of weeks I've done 2 Chevy trucks, an Escalade, a Jaguar, 2 Harleys, 1 Indian Chief, 1 Can-Am X3 Turbo (super sweet UTV totally tricked out with an unreal light pkg, amazing stereo system, ridiculous amount of money in upgrades, etc. I was prepping it for a photoshoot for one of the mag's.) 2 BMw's, an Audi Q8, a ridiculously high profile Dodge truck, a Hummer, a Honda S2000 track racer and a few other daily driver types. Yeah, I'm a wh0r3, I know.

Eric Roberts said in a recent Vanity Fair interview, " I turn down NOTHING!" when talking about how he could have possibly done over 30 movies in 2017. I guess I kinda have the same motto which makes it even more strange that I haven't laid my hands on a Volvo. A freakin' Volvo of all things.

So, which makes or models have you yet to do?

sudsmobile
09-23-2018, 11:38 PM
Oddly enough, we've never done a Volvo either. We've done a Lambo (literally one of our first jobs we ever did, did it near the parking lot of a Tilted Kilt), Ferrari, Aston Martin, old Jag, new Jag, old Vette, new Vette, Porsche, Range Rover, '41 Caddy. No Volvos.

Coach Steve
09-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Oddly enough, we've never done a Volvo either. We've done a Lambo (literally one of our first jobs we ever did, did it near the parking lot of a Tilted Kilt), Ferrari, Aston Martin, old Jag, new Jag, old Vette, new Vette, Porsche, Range Rover, '41 Caddy. No Volvos.

Hmm..... I see a pattern developing here. Maybe Volvo owners ARE tightwads! LOL!

Firehouse Mike
09-24-2018, 01:50 AM
Tesla, Lambo, Ferrari, Suzuki, Yougo, Daewoo :) :)

Eldorado2k
09-24-2018, 02:13 AM
Yougo

Do you mean Yugo? If so you stole my answer. Lol.
In that case I’ll go with Ford Pinto. I’ve also never had the pleasure of detailing a Cadillac Cimarron.

WaxMaster1
09-24-2018, 03:02 AM
Do you mean Yugo? If so you stole my answer. Lol.
In that case I’ll go with Ford Pinto. I’ve also never had the pleasure of detailing a Cadillac Cimarron.

E2K, if you've ever detailed a Sunbird or Cavalier, you've detailed a Cimarron. :)

Eldorado2k
09-24-2018, 03:52 AM
E2K, if you've ever detailed a Sunfire or Cavalier, you've detailed a Cimarron. :)

Chevy Celebrity deserves a seat at that table too. Lol.

Farmallluvr
09-24-2018, 09:23 AM
I have probably cleaned one of everything sold in the states except a Lambo or a Tesla.

I have only detailed a handfull of Volvos though and that includes the 2 I have owned. :)

So Maybe Volvo owners are tightwads like Coach Steve said

sudsmobile
09-24-2018, 09:24 AM
Now Tesla, I've done so many of those that the pictures on my website make me look like a Tesla dealership. LOL

dcjredline
09-24-2018, 12:51 PM
Ive done a couple Volvos. You aint missin anything lol.

Um, Ive not done a Mercedes yet, Id like to do a new Challenger sometime, and many many more Camaros (id like to get one of each year)

sudsmobile
09-24-2018, 03:20 PM
That's weird, every other car we do is a Mercedes.

Farmallluvr
09-24-2018, 04:03 PM
Now Tesla, I've done so many of those that the pictures on my website make me look like a Tesla dealership. LOL

I've only seen a couple,not many around here at all

Mike Phillips
09-24-2018, 04:17 PM
Here's one I've never worked on before...

1959 Rambler America

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3752/1959_Rambler_001.JPG

Well, technically I'm not going to detail it but I will do the Test Spot and then watch the class as they work on this car and when applicable, tweak their technique.

:)

SWETM
09-24-2018, 04:28 PM
The first car I did was an old Volvo 740GL sedan lol. But then I live in Sweden where there is alot of them. I have owned a Volvo Amazon '69 and a beater car 740GL. The Amazon was repainted in another color when I bought it. So I took it to the bodyshop and they painted the original paint color back. The moss green paint with a white interior was a very rare combo. Loved that car :)

/Tony

Coach Steve
09-24-2018, 06:17 PM
Here's one I've never worked on before...

1959 Rambler America

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3752/1959_Rambler_001.JPG

Well, technically I'm not going to detail it but I will do the Test Spot and then watch the class as they work on this car and when applicable, tweak their technique.

:)

Oh man! Have I got a story for you!
When I was a kid, my oldest brother had a 1964 Rambler American that was beat to He11 as a project car. He towed it to my parents' driveway where it sat until my dad couldn't stand it anymore and gave it to the junkyard after countless threats to do.so if my brother didn't get it running or at least make some progress on its restoration.
It was such an ugly car that kinda looked like every other model on the market at the time depending on what angle you looked at it. One day, I must have been about 7 or 8 yrs old, I decided I was going to surprise my big brother by washing it to make it look ..... less hideous? I guess?? And proceeded to do so using a green 3M pad and Comet cleanser! Looking back now, I think that might have been the tipping point in him totally giving up on the project altogether. IIRC, it lived in our driveway for 2 years before my dad finally had it towed away.
So technically, I'm one up on you, Mike! LOL!