PDA

View Full Version : What can I store in my garage??

carlg
09-22-2018, 08:34 PM
I have a detached non heated garage in Pennsylvania. Winters get cold and we frequently go below freezing for long periods of time.

I would love to store my detailing products in my garage all year round, but I worry about freezing and thawing.

So what detailing products can I store in my garage and not worry about the freezing/thawing cycle? Which do I need to bring inside??

Waxes. polishes, coatings, clay bars, quik detailers, etc?

Jon TDS
09-22-2018, 09:14 PM
Just bring everything in. That's my plan here in Michigan. Put them in tote plastic containers.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Bruno Soares
09-22-2018, 09:16 PM
Towels :) I’m not sure I’d store anything else in a space that gets very cold.

carlg
09-22-2018, 09:26 PM
Just bring everything in. That's my plan here in Michigan. Put them in tote plastic containers.

Darn, thanks.

I was hoping there was some stuff I can leave out there.

dlc95
09-22-2018, 10:54 PM

Same here too.

Markymapo
09-23-2018, 02:00 AM
I’m going to bring all chemicals inside for the winter here in PA as I don’t want to lose anything due to freeze thaw as I do not think there any cyroprotectants in them. But then again I don’t recall seeing information on the containers stating protect from freezing ( it would be advantageous if vendors provided that info),but maybe some do provide the info. Many of the solutions are water based but not sure what additives do to the freezing point properties. I will play it safe n supplies inside (all in totes)